New Maserati USA boss | FerrariChat

New Maserati USA boss

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by dretceterini, Jun 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Selwa, who is a start-up guy is coming over from Rolls-Royce as the head of Maserati USA effective 7/1; partly in anticipation and in conjunction with Alfa's return. There is a big international Maserati dealer meeting in Modena in late July, and we should know more about Alfa's return shortly thereafter. I have been told by some people who prefer to remain anonymous that initally, Alfas will be badged and presented as low end Maseratis.

2. maranello71

maranello71 Formula 3

Jan 23, 2004
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Look at the thread I initiated in the "other topics" section. I heard exactly these horrifying news. A cheap, ridiculous attempt at badge engineering that true enthusiasts will smell a mile away. They might win a few customers from the "fast & furious" brigade upgrading from a Mitsubishi or a Nissan, but all the REAL Maserati customers will swiftly visit a Porsche or Aston dealer the next day. :( :(

You seem to be well informed: does this mean that the new Coupe/Spyder is definitely "frozen", or is it still coming as planned in 2006? THAT is the car Maserati desperately needs, not some botched-up Alfa with a modified front grille. :(

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Cool, Alfa back. On a side not a friend saw seven camouflaged out Peugeot's driving around LA area last weekend. I think he said they were 607's. Is Peugeot planning a return as well? Jeez, talk about fierce competition.

4. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Peugeot has an office in NJ and they are always testing the cars around here. I wonder the same thing. I've reached out to them from a business standpoint but no contact yet..... will let you know.

5. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K
    Put a Fork in Maserati

6. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    #6 stardoc, Jun 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    This sounds like a promising development. Maserati is clearly targeting their market with this new US boss, albeit from a different purchase perspective, but it's still the same demographic.

Also, I think it makes perfect sense to position Alfa just below Maserati, I'm assuming the $30K- $60K market. That's BMW's, and Porsche's to a lesser degree, stronghold, along with a smattering of Japanese makes. None of these cars have flair or style or charisma. If reliability is addressed, Alfa could do extremely well in this market.

Forza Maserati and Alfa.

Cavallini