Retribution? | FerrariChat

Retribution?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by F129b, Jun 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    To make amends for all that the fans at IMS suffered this past weekend how about this...

F1 returns to Indy for USGP-2 as an added last race of this season. Michelin foots the bill for all IMS personnel/staffing costs, all F1 and FIA personnel and travel costs and all Bridgestone teams travel costs.
    Anyone with a ticket from this past weekend can have the same seat free. Anyone who doesn't have a ticket from 'the debacle' gets in free.

Michelin teams also allow unusual access to it's teams, drivers and personnel throughout the weekend. Oh, and Michelin supplies Fosters at 1/2 price too($3).

Of course they do all this after developing a tire that can race THROUGH TURN 13.

Would that be crazy?

2. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I pretty much agree. Not sure about an added race this season (what's the weather like in Indianapolis in November?), but I do think they should have a US GP next year with free admission, as just about the only way to get the public back on side in the US. However, I think they're all too far up their own exhausts playing politics to even fully appreciate just what they've done.

Jonathan

3. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    I agree with the part that the last weekend spectators get to see the next year USGP for free!

4. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Or maybe at least some souvenir Bibendum voodoo dolls. (One pop and it collapses). ;)

5. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Yeah, about as crazy as Minardi winning last Sunday !

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

6. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Even if they were to do this i will not be back. Tony George is a Business man and the first rule of Business is the customer is always right. While he was directly out of the loop of what happened he was the promoter of the event.

By not offering full refunds to the spectatorsjby the next day he is doing nothing more than hurting his empire. Some of the IRL fans are F1 fans, Some NASCAR fans are F1 fans. Not only will his actions hurt next years USGP at Indy if there is one it will also hurt the 500 and Brickyard 400 events also.

I already know of a few Season ticket holders that will not renew them because of what happened. Not only was the race a disaster but the track staff that i delt with were rude and unpleaset to deal with One quote from one of them "I don't care, I don't want to be here. But i have to because of all of you upity F1 jerks!" I all asked the person was what gate should i use to park in the infield near F1 turn #4 and 5?

F#$% IMS, Tony George, And Michelin

7. Hoyt Clagwell

Hoyt Clagwell Karting

Dec 5, 2004
    KY
    Full Name:
    Hoyt
    What happened on Sunday? -- was it a sporting event or business activity?

If it's a sporting event, then the customer (fans) are not always right with rules and fair play given top consideration. And fair play doesn't means putting in a chicane to placate some competitors' unpreparedness. If it was supposed to be a business activity, then the customers (fans) should have been the top priority in any decision.

So, was it a sporting event or business activity? Can't have it both ways.

just my $.02

8. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    The ticket for the race was a very small portion of the cost involved in seeing the race. 75% of the people at the race were from out of the state or out of the country. The $150 ticket was nothing compared to the $3000 I spent for the weekend. Hell, Tickets for Fridays practice was $10. Parking for Friday was $20.

Yes.

Rick

9. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    His business is promoting races at his facility. The main bill was the race of 10 teams 2 cars each to 70+ laps. The event that he promoted and advertised was not delivered. Plain and simple. Sporting events are a business activity when the event is promoted by a promoter. Tony George is a Promoter.