Congratulations Spurs! | FerrariChat

Congratulations Spurs!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by darth550, Jun 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ...and Jramey!

Nice win! :D

2. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Anyone know who got MVP, i got on the computer after the celebration.

3. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    yup i was just about to start this thread.

I wanted spurs the whole way, the Pistons are just too good. Ben Wallace is humongus and such a presence on the court.

4. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Rip is my neighbor, I had to route for D-town. Though, I thought the Spurs had higher energy during the series. Congrats to the Spurs.... they deserved it.

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Duncan

6. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    well desereved, he had the best 2nd half of his life tonight.

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Excellent series. I was on my feet almost the whole game, especially the 4th quarter. My hats off to the Pistons for putting up one hell of a fight, but the best team prevailed. I still don't understand so many peoples problem with Duncan's 'timid' attitude, as well as the rest of the team. To me, we need more athletes like these guys in sports. Definately nothing wrong with young kids wanting to model themselves after these guys and their unselfish ways.

8. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Our hospital here in Balad, Iraq is mostly staffed with medics from Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio. Armed Forces Network (AFN) beamed in the game early this AM. Everyone that could cogregated around the few TVs we have, and the the announcement was made on the PA at the victory, and cheers could be heard throughout the Hospital.

Great Series.

Go Spurs Go

best from Mesopotamia,
    rt

9. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    Thanks Darth,

I knew we were gonna win. I told you 90 days ago.

Ok, I didnt really know until the end of the forth quarter of game seven.

Duncan's great!

10. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I agree completley about Duncan, hes such a great player and isnt a complainer like....*ahem* Rasheed Wallace.....I have seen so many times when Duncan has a foul on him that he may not agree with and he just puts his hands above his head and lets it go, very admirable. Im sure the refs dont mind him not complaining while they have already been arguing with the rest of the other team for the entire game.

he deserved the MVP, it just wasnt obvious thats why I had to ask...between Horry and "Obe One Ginobli" (I just cant get over that, I saw someone with this entire banner that read OBE ONE GINOBLI, photoshopped and all to have him holding a lightsaber,LOL) all three of these guys did awsome.

11. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I know what you're saying about Rasheed. In game 6, especially, thought he was going to start crying. He seriously looked like a pouting little brat 3 year old. As for the other Pistons, most of them seem like pretty nice guys. As for the Piston fans......

12. AnthonyO

AnthonyO Rookie

Nov 8, 2004
    "Spurs are a soft team!"

Man I got so sick of hearing that.....I wonder what they say now that a "soft" team won the whole enchillada (again)? What then does that say about the "hard" teams that didn't?

Listen, if I wanted to see a bunch of 6'2 300lb sweatin monsters knock each other around for a ball I would watch football! Do we really want basketball, a game founded on tactics, speed and finesse to become a brawling match under the net? I for one don't.

I'll take a talented, unselfish "soft" TEAM over a whinning, ego-driven one man team anyday.

ABC's coverage of the game sucked also. Hubie is a horrible announcer and the other guy couldn't even get Manu's name right. They were so biased towards the Pistons that it sounded painful when they had to give some credit to the Spurs. Everytime the Spurs made a great play Hubie would recognize that play BUT......he then had to throw in something good to say about the Pistons.

Pistons were a great team and really challenged the Spurs on offense and defense. It was perhaps the finals I have seen to date.

Congrats Spurs!

Oh yeah, the reason, I believe, that the Spurs don't get all the hooplah and fanfare in the national spotlight is beacause.......they don't really want it! That and they are rather boring. I mean they aren't out beating their girlfriends, getting drunk making total a$$e$ of themselves in public, cheating on their wives, having kids left and right with groupies or hookers, getting caught in drug raids or going through rehab. I mean Nike doesn't want that kind of person endorsing their shoes.....sad to say.