Ferrari 512M koenig evolution competition pictures to transform a testarossa pocher | FerrariChat

Ferrari 512M koenig evolution competition pictures to transform a testarossa pocher

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by airwolf, Jun 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. airwolf

airwolf Rookie

May 27, 2005
    #1 airwolf, Jun 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    any chance of getting the pics in hi-res? It's a pretty cool and unique car...

3. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
    dang!....that is a BEAUTIFUL car. nice color too. Anybody know if the name of the body maker?

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What a brilliant idea!

Maybe I need to do the same on 1/18 base.

At any rate, I can scan a few shots. I'm the *PROUD* owner of an original Koenig brochure from the eighties with all these over the top cars Willy came up with.

The Koenig Competition was at its time the fastest car on the road. It ate everything alive. A hell of a car.

Personally I always thought the Koenig Competition Spider was way cool: Similar performance but completely understated. Imagine pulling next to a Spider in your F40 and getting your doors blown off by that "Sunday driver"...

I also have a very cool promo video from Koenig with aerial shots of the Competition and the 328 Turbo.

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    All by Willy Koenig. Lots of Carbon Fibre on the outside and Alcantara leather on the inside.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    that looks like ****

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Me too I'm giving it four stars!
    :)

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sounds like a fun project! Make sure to posts some pics of your project!

9. seinfeld

seinfeld Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2004
    Diamond Bar/Cali
    Full Name:
    Gary
    is that an F50 glass engine cover?...

10. airwolf

airwolf Rookie

May 27, 2005
    that's why i'm looking for other pictures because i havent got them in hi-res....
    it will be interesting to have your original Koenig brochure and the promo video from Koenig .... is possible to have them ?

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Let me see how far I can take this. Your model will be a total rework of the TR as Koenig basically redid the entire car: Lots of new body panels, completely redone racing interior (including instrumentation) and totally redone engine compartment. New suspension, racing tires and brakes.

I thought he wanted to compete against the F40 at the time. He way overshot that target. Maybe somebody can post here the numbers for the fastest current car (still the F1 Mc Laren I believe). There is a good chance the Competition could even match those. More than 15 years later.

12. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I like your rebuilding idea, but why not buy the Fujimi Koenig kit? It's 1:16 scale though.

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #13 tifosi12, Jun 24, 2005
    Ok, here we go:

Pictures are taken from Koenig's brochure "Supercars" from 1989. Pic 1 and 2 show the bodywork: All carbon fibre new panels for the entire car! Nothing left of the TR.

Pic 3 shows the engine: Twin turbo charger combined with compressor: Output is 800 hp! Variable boost controlled by the driver.

Pic 4 shows parts of the interior. All Conolly leather, weight reduction to the extreme, roll cage, fire extinguisher.

Other data: Adjustable suspension, racing brakes, 0-100 km/h (0-60 mph) in 3.5, topspeed at 350 km/h. Basically the performance data of an Enzo 15 years ahead of its time!

Good luck with your project and keep us posted please!

PS: Please note that the original no longer used any Ferrari labels, but a generic KS (Koenig Special) for legal reasons. Not sure you want to go that far in your project.

PPS: I also notice some differences between my sales brochure and your pictures. Looks like the blue Competition was built on the basis of a later 512M with round tail lights. It also has the Ferrari insignia. The video btw shows two Competition, one red, one black. The competition came in a pure racing version (my pics) and one more luxurious version (probably your blue car with glass windows).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Wow!

Thank you for posting that Andreas, that is really neat!

I actually like a lot of it (Not the gold rims or the flared intake ducts toward the rear). But some of it is kind of cool (Kind of 80's, but so is the TR). :)

15. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    You NEED that car!!!

16. airwolf

airwolf Rookie

May 27, 2005
    #16 airwolf, Jun 25, 2005
    thankyou tifosi for your pictures....
    i found someone who try to do a koenig with a pocher....

but i don't like it...some details are well done like air take...but others not....i try to do something different with the same color but more beatiful....
    if someone want it the car is sale on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22129&item=6966064165&rd=1

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I just loved the eighties. Best time in my life, everything so very much over the top including the cars (remember the turbos in F1 and Group B in WRC?). No wonder I'm trying to mod my car into a Koenig design.

airwolf, there is a lot wrong with that car on ebay if you compare it to my pictures. For starters that rear wing is all wrong: It is Koenig style, but what Willy used on the 328, not the Competition. Engine cover is wrong too.

18. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #18 WILLIAM H, Jun 25, 2005
  19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks William. I adore your cars and was just waiting for you to chime in.

Slutmobile has already become the stuff of legends.

20. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Thanks :) Revell used to make a Koenig TR, I had the kit long before I owned my silver 512TR. I'd love to get a few of those kits

21. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I know, I need a lot of things.... lol

22. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    lol :p

23. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    I have some high-res pictures of this car, which is indeed built on a F512 M. I saw it last month at the "Ferrari Brunch" meeting in Japan. I will try to post some pictures this afternoon, or otherwise tomorrow ...

24. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    The wing on the scale model is quite correct for a "Testarossa Koenig". That's because Koenig made several versions. First of all, you could order just parts (for example, you could just modify the engine so that it would have 700 or 1000 HP). Then you have various degrees of modifications, from the "Koenig Competition" to the "Koenig Competition Evolution" and finally the "Koenig Competition Evolution II". The first has a non-integrated spoiler, like the one on the scale model. The others (like on your Koenig brochure) have a different, integrated spoiler. Even for me it's still be bit unclear, but you can read a bit more about it on my site: www.red-headed.com (-> articles, then scroll down to Koenig Specials). And yes, I really have to update it again ;)

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Wow! Amazing website. You're quite the authority on all things TR. Congrats!