Historic Racing at PIR | FerrariChat

Historic Racing at PIR

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Lemke, Jun 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Who all is going? Its only a couple weeks away. I have never gone before but I will be there this year. Are there any tips or people I should talk to while am there, anything I should know before I go? How much are tickets or is it even worth going to? I have never been before so I don't really know anything about it. Can't wait though, thats for sure!

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'm planning on going, unless something comes up. If you like old cars, I think it's great.

Last year I saw the 412P that Napolis on this website later purchased (see http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56217). That was the highlight for me. Oh, and the old pre-war Bentley!

Lots of cool stuff. The car clubs and even the parking lot also have plenty of interesting cars as well.

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    This event is a must see.

I doubt you will see a gathering of this magnitude anywhere in Washington any other time. Phil Hill made an appearance last year for the Ford celebration

This year the focus will be cars from the 50's. Jags, Gullwing Mercedes and 1st series Testarossa among a few. They aren't just there for display. They will be RACED.

There will be many many more cars from all periods from all types of road racing, prewar and post war, 60's and 70's etc...........

There will be a large number of booths and displays for those looking for memorabilia, clothes and artwork.

Car club members will be able to bring their cars into the car corral for a fee and will be allowed to run parade laps at lunch break.

Most importantly it is a benefit for Children's Hospital.

DJ

4. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Are there any slot still open for the corral?

5. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Ooops, I just noticed this thread was for PORTLAND IR not PACIFIC RACEWAYS. Sorry.

6. rloewy

rloewy Karting

Aug 4, 2004
    This event is an aweful lot of fun. Lots of cool old cars, the races are tons of fun.

I plan on going - if my 3 years old wants to come - I am taking my old Bimmer (I have pre-77' BMW corral tickets), if not - my 7 needs to get some exercise. If you have never been to it before - you are in for a treat.

7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Is it too late to get into the Ferrari corral?

8. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Donv

I emailed Ray P early last week and it seemed then there were no spots left. I emailed him again reguarding parking on the inside possibly next to the corral and what else was going on with the club but got no responce. He's probably quite busy. I would have liked to park the Dino in the corral too, I'm not sure if there is another one local or not. Hope to see you there.

Kurt