360 Onwers - Best 360 Street tire | FerrariChat

360 Onwers - Best 360 Street tire

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by $$$=SPEED, Jun 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    In the process of buying new tires for my 360. I have any extra set of wheels for the track but would like a longer lasting street tire? However I don't want a crappy street tire for those spirited backroad drives.

I heard the Pilots were a good choice? What about the new P-zero's or Bridgestones? How many miles should I expect to get out of each? Putting a French tire on an Italian car just doesn't seem right?

Thanks,

Big MiKe

2. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    sorry also what is the best size tire for the stock 99 Modena wheel???

Anyone?
    Thx,
    Big Mike

3. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I really like the OE Bridgestone S-02As that came on my '04. I ran several track events on them and 6500 aggressive street miles and they are maybe 50% worn. I would stick with stock sizes...I found even on the track the balance is very nice with stock tire size.

Gary

4. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Thanks Gary

I'll look into the bridgstone's.
    Mike

5. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Mike

You wear out your tires allready? :) Glad to hear you wont be putting on the mi*#@&%* tires. I'm going to replace mine with some Bridgestones as soon as I go to the 16" rims.

Kurt

There is nothing like a Ferrari, there never has been and never will be!

6. CulRad

CulRad Rookie

Aug 28, 2004
    Va Beach Va
    Full Name:
    David Culpepper
    I just bought a set of Falken tires. front, 225/40/ZR18 rear, 275/40/ZR18
    These are some nice tires, $550 a set. They are marked for rotation. I will be at VIR on the 5th of July, a report will follow.

7. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Yea, I'd recommend the Bridgestones. I've got about 9,400K and think they'll be good for another 5K. Tirerack has a pretty good price on 'em. Just find a good installer.

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

$550? Jeez that's half the price of the Bridgestones. No offense but the Falken name sounds cheesey but I guess that doesn't matter if they are good.

9. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking

What are the Bridgestone sizes you recommend? I would love to get 15k out of a tire. This car will be mosty use as a daily driver :)!

Mike

10. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Puttin miles on her! Love it makes the 348 feel like a go-cart! PM me on the PIR deal you were talking about Wed?
    Mike

11. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I'd just go the OEM sizes. Check Tirerack and punch in your info and it'll tell you.

12. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Nice thanks bro!

13. CulRad

CulRad Rookie

Aug 28, 2004
    Va Beach Va
    Full Name:
    David Culpepper

I agree, Falken, what a name! But, these are a "Japan" made tire. To get something made in Japan usally means high quality. All the reports I read gave them high marks. The tires have a great tread pattern. Oh, what the heck, "They are black and hold air." My 360, that I got this month had the French Tire, they were half wore out and they would slide just street driving! They were just five year old tires. I will track this car and drive it a lot. So far they work, but a track day at VIR will tell the truth.

14. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    I've also ordered a set of Falken's for my 355. After getting a set for the Miata and smoking around the mountains for a month I've renamed them the Saftey Tire.

If you loose it with these things you deserve to.

15. BeachBum

BeachBum Formula 3

have you guys seen the falken RT-615, SCCA street legal track tire, thinking about them for the 348, any thoughts

16. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I read that the OEM Bridgestone is a good tire for the 360.
    It is called a Potenza S-02. I have heard they now have improved upon the S-02 and made an S-03? I cannot find an S-03 anywhere??? Someone flippin me Sh%$?

Mike

17. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

The SO-3's don't come in the correct size. The Falken's are a little off too in the profile i.e. 40's. The only other exact match is the Michelins. The only problem is they can't guarantee the safety of the drivers ;)

18. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    The S-02A is a superior tire to the S-03.

Gary

19. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    S-02's it is...Got a buddy geal Front and rear mounted and balanced $975.

Needless to say STOAKED

Thanks for your help guys,

Mike

20. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Late to the party but the Kumho Ecsta MX is a fantastic tire; works well on track and is a great daily driver tire as well - excellent value, longevity and performance.