EX-SCHUMACHER F550 FAILS TO SELL | FerrariChat

EX-SCHUMACHER F550 FAILS TO SELL

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by kenyon, Jun 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimmy b

jimmy b Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    On a plane
    Full Name:
    James
    Bit of a trend emerging here. I remember Top Marques had an ex-Schumi silver 456 for sale a couple of years ago for at least twice the going price of a comparable car (asking I think 140 grand, when same age and mileage RHDs were about 70-75). Don't think that was bought either, as I believe it was in three issues in a row before being dropped....

J.

2. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I don't know why anybody would pay over the odds for such a car.

Its complete bollox

IMO, the problem is with these celebrity motors is that this car is undoubtedly one of a fleet of cars, and was probably driven by the gardner. On top of that, he probably didn't even pay for it.

It's a bit different to Princess Di's metro. We all saw pictures of her driving it, and she only had the one car. I guess the car's worth more in value if the celebrity in question was still 'struggling' at the time or the car was part of a package.

3. GavC

GavC Formula Junior

May 9, 2004
    Lincolnshire, Englan
    Full Name:
    Gavin Culshaw
    A few years ago I remember looking over a 550 which did belong to Schumacher it was a black one LHD and had some rather subtle modds done to engine and suspension. He had used it and had sold it to one of the techs from TWR/Arrows F1 team who I talked to about this car. I also remember Mansell's F40 being sold a few years ago for a stupid amount of money.

4. Stimmers360

Stimmers360 Guest

Wasn't the F40 given to Mansell as a present by Enzo himself ! Im sure thats the reason the car sold for a lot, not the fact it was owned my Mansell !

5. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Sold it the day after he got it. Really pi$$ed off the old man.

6. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Did MAnsell have two F40's then? There are several well documented stories of him with his F40, so he definitely had one for more than a day.

Jamie

7. boba

boba Karting

May 10, 2005
    Madchester ,U.K.
    Full Name:
    dodgy bob
    Probably needed two so that his fat Ar$e could be spread over the drivers seat . When he sat in them did he take his wallet out ?

8. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Why would you want to say that about one of our British F1 drivers ,we have not had that many Maybe your not British or a proper F1 supporter old or new

RAY360M

9. D11VE:J

D11VE:J Formula 3

Nov 9, 2004
    I agree Ray, having met Nige he was far from fat - petite might be the right description, yes he had an F40 more than a day, he made several Video's with it, Schumacher has had numerous 550's and 575's so what, Avis only keep cars 8,000 miles, why should Schumacher keep his longer.

Like Beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder, if you want to pay stupid money for something owned by someone famous, good luck to you. I wouldn't mind owning anything owned by our Nige, especially a Williams F1 car, he owns several and Ferrari's he raced also. Was a Great Guy, still a Great Guy, was Britains answer to Superman in F1 and a man who trully loved every one of his supporters, a Champion, a Gentleman. Don't knock him please.

D11VE:J

10. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Dave the other thing about Nige his success was mostly his and the support of his wife right down to selling the family home to go racing . Like you i have met and spoken to him around the time he was world champion .Allways been a boys own hero to me,and nice bloke RAY360M

11. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    didnt he get arrested for beating up the wife ????????????????????

12. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I believe he had two. The first one was a gift and was sold very soon after delivery.

13. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Mansell sold his first F40 ay the height of the 80's boom, when ALL Ferraris were going for stupid money (I've got the bill of sale for a 308 from 88 when it sold for almost double the retail of a new 328)

14. rubystone

rubystone Karting

Mar 11, 2005
    Earth
    nope he's only had one - Roseanne is her name I think

15. GavC

GavC Formula Junior

May 9, 2004
    Lincolnshire, Englan
    Full Name:
    Gavin Culshaw
    His wife is called Roseanne. I met him a couple of times fantastic guy probally the best gutsy F1 driver we have had ,made watching F1 interesting and not like now its a soap with Bernie in one corner and Michelin in the other.Should ask Bernie if he'll star in Corrie as Richard Hillman's Father. Mansell's F40 was sold very quickly after he sold it again for Approx £600k which I think p****d Mansell off as he didn't sell it for megabucks

16. yellowtr

yellowtr Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Nigel M has hips very much like a woman (!) and hence the reason for the mods to numerous F1 cars, not because he was fat. McLaren had to modify the cars to suit that when he was there.

17. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    I don't understand this ex-car of a celebrity nonsense.

I'm selling all my cars atm as I'm emigrating, one of them is a BMW X5. It's up on Ebay. Some guy has his up as well, at £9k over book, because it used to be David Beckhams. No bids obviously. Bizarre.