Anyone here sleep-walk? | FerrariChat

Anyone here sleep-walk?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by sidearm17, Jun 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sidearm17

sidearm17 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    ...or know someone who does? The topic came up in a conversation I had recently and man there are some stories out there....

2. UnholyDemon

UnholyDemon Karting

Oct 1, 2004
    I used to. Quite often in fact. Worst that happened is me walking outside.

3. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    my grandma does. one time she got into here car, luckily she crashed into one of the neghboring apartments before she had enough speed to do any damage or get out into traffic

4. FIAutoSports

FIAutoSports Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2004
    Baltimore, MD, US
    Full Name:
    John Ritenour
    My ex-G/F did. but only for a month after we moved (twice) because she was unfamiliar with the place. It was quite funny because I would catch her and she would curse (F*) loudly, like she was busted for something.

5. Poweredbyme91

Poweredbyme91 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    Sleep walking = Possessed.....j/k

My little brother has.

The brain is a powerful thing for sure.

6. Giles3

Giles3 Karting

Sep 17, 2004
    Palmy - New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Matt Giles
    Haha I win :)
    Last year I went asleep, then later that night my parents saw someone driving a scooter up and down the drivway (around the parked cars) dressed in nothing but boxers. Turns out I went for an extra ride that that :p

For the next few nights I slept with a portable heater blocking my doorway, cause I dont like the idea of scooting around the city in my boxers while sleeping :p

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Back in college, i used to fall asleep in front of the TV at night and wake up in bed, upstairs... i don't really think i was sleepwalking, though... i honestly think i woke up and went up stairs but never remembered...

8. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I sleep walk, I remeber I dreamt I was near a water fall, and then I fell down the falls, but I had really just fallen off my bed. Another time I thought I was a boxer, I fell off the bed and screwed up my wrists really really really bad.

9. FIAutoSports

FIAutoSports Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2004
    Baltimore, MD, US
    Full Name:
    John Ritenour
    Actually, I sleep walked once as well. I was out camping with several other people and I got into an argument with someone. Well, I slept on the opposite side of the tent as the entrance. somehow, I got around everyone, unzipped the tent, got out, zipped it back back, negotiated around a few other tents and tent lines, and slept outside until dawn.

10. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I used to do it a lot between the ages of 5-12.. the weirdest one was when I waltzed into my parents bedroom, dropped trou and relieved myself (#1) in their waste basket.

Other times I'd just get up, take out my retainer and hide it various places within the house. It always took me a while to find it.. sometimes it was in the refrigerator, under the couch, the hamper, etc.. I really didn't like that thing.

The last time I slept walked I woke up in the shower at 2:30AM.. I was fully asleep right up until the cold water hit me, which was quite a shock. I don't I've had the urge to do it since then. :)

C.

11. justhrowit

justhrowit Formula 3

Feb 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Jay D.
    I had a roomate that did it when he drank! One of our roomate's parents owned the house. They were over and sleeping in a spare room. Well, Mike thought that spare room was the bathroom. Pissed all over there bags. Sat on the couch and watched T.V. They said they layed there just staring at him. He got up and went up stairs and watched T.V. They actually followed him up there and they said he was completely asleep, not just drunk. We laughed about it for about two months without ever telling him. The landlords didn't want us to tell him as they were equally embarrased. We eventually told him. Funny ****

J

12. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

When I was about 10 I had a bad fever and sleep-walked out of my grandma's house in the middle of the night. She went out and found me and tried to get me back in the house, I fought her. I found out about this years later, and still do not have any memory of it. Pretty scary.

13. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Used to. Now just sleep-talk, which is infinitely more dangerous.

Nick

14. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    I used to sleepwalk all the time. My sister would always tell me about it the next day. I probably still do on occasion. I know there have been times when I've woken up in the midst of getting ready for work, when it's still the middle of the night.

15. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    When my sister and I were growing up one time she got up in the middle of the night, sleep walked downstairs to the kitchen, opened the fridge, retrieved the milk, and walked back upstairs, walked into my parents room and stated 'what are yall doing?'

Lol

16. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    One time I dreamed that I was awake, but when I woke up, I was really asleep.

17. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    That's what you get for sleeping with your sister! ;)

18. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    D'oh!
    I should clarify. I used to walk around the house and would occasionally have conversations with my sister, and her friend who lived with us at the time, who were still awake.

19. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yikes..

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/06/crane.rescue.reut/index.html

C.

20. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    My brothers would sometimes sleep-walk a bit...I'd always stop them and start interogating the crap out of 'em, they'd say the funniest things, no doubt their dreams babbling out loud.

My wife says I talk in my sleep and she'll converse with me for her amusement. Most the time I come-to but continue to talk and mess with her instead....mumbling something about "breast are different size, ass is getting larger, hair looks bad". She won't even mess with me when I'm sleep-babbling now!

Now, on some other nights I have the recurring dream where I'm an airport security guard feeling-out supermodels for security purposes: that's what "cuddling" will get my wife! A winning combination: an imagination and morning-wood. :) :) :)

21. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I sleep-work... going to the office on auto-pilot, handling clients. I don't fully wake up until I'm somewhere in traffic on the way home. :D

22. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Much better than the dream I had last night.. smuggling Mao Tse-Tung and Nelson Mandela into Las Vegas? I'm still wondering WTF that was all about.

C.