Tom Cruise is so freaking annoying! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Tom Cruise is so freaking annoying!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by kizdan, Jun 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Ditto

One thing about Tom........ He is just an actor. But, an actor with a lot of free time to learn about his other interests. This is apparently an interest that he is passionate about.

2. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    There's absolutely nothing wrong in having interests, passions and adhering to one's beliefs. However, that line is crossed when thos beliefs are thrust upon others. Tom Cruise, at this point, is abusing his position of influence and fame to do just that...and its unacceptable.

3. Poweredbyme91

Poweredbyme91 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    I was about to make a thread as well about how annoying Cruise is after watching him debate with Matt Lauer; I never knew Tom Cruise had a degree in Psychology.

I Officially hate Tom Cruise, with a passion.

Well said, PMDDMD. I agree. Not to mention, he's a bit on the cheesy side.

4. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Apparently there are some parallels between this new War of the Worlds flick and Scientology so he probably feels it gives him a little liberty to segway into the religion a bit. It's all a business and probably no different than Michael Schumacher getting up and thanking his sponsors etc. after a race. It works for Scientology and that's probably who is behind it all. In fact my awareness of it has increased and we're talking about it here. Who do I make my blank checks out to again? ;)

5. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Wait a minute here.... let me get this right.

Xenu the evil galactic overlord and something to do with hydrogen bombs that were exploded on Hawaii 75 million years ago....... this is part of "Scientology"? That is part of a religion that adults actually buy into these days?

What am I missing here?

Terry

6. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.

I've seen a few of the interviews being discussed. As I said before, it always seems like the interviewers bring up these questions and do not stay on the topic of the movie he is promoting. I don't know if they are trying to instigate something. I can say, in regard to the Matt Lauer (sp?) interview, Matt seemed to be quiet respectful and Tom seemed like he was tired.

From what I've seen, Tom hasn't persuaded or influenced me. I just see a guy who supports his beliefs when asked a question.

7. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

Well put Will. Most religion is largely imaginary- what people choose to believe is up to them. You are also spot on regarding the key ingredients for building an organization (sadly enough).

Nick

8. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Like some of these other actors, Tom Cruise seems to get so caught up in the role and the subsequent ass-kissing that he believes he's the role even after the shoot's over. I read that he bought into the Samurai lifestyle after that movie rapped just like Russel Crowe thought he was a gladiator and was beating people up in nightclubs after the release of the film. Juvenile and sad.

With his recent ridiculous behavior, I'm just going to sit back and watch what may perhaps be Tom's greatest performance of all...the implosion of his career.

9. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
    #34 JonBrent, Jun 27, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wow, I had no idea. But I have a question - is this Xenu guy one of the Lizard Lords of the Outer Darkness? I kinda slept through that part of Sunday school...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I saw his interview bits w/ Oprah's news. Tom was saying to the host that "you don't know psychiatry, but I do". VERY strange to hear that from Tom Cruise. Lately, he's somehow too serious on anything,,,

After this news, they showed Oprah's incidents, and I was thinking what Hollywood become. Well, after all, it is the city for entertainment.

I was taught not to mention politics & religion in public. BUT once you become so BIG, who cares what others think of you, must be in the mind of Tom & Oprah.

11. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I don't think Tom Cruise is annoying, I think the Media is annoying. They are making way too big a deal out of his relationship and such. Seriously, let the man live and love.

12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The guy is a lost soul..just like so many in Hollywood.Even though the media does stick thier noses where they do not belong, it them the people like Tom that do the silly stuff that creates the attention.

They put themsleves in the position of being a public figure, and a hero to some people. Whether they like it or not, they are under a microscope all the time. People like Tom need to control themselves, or the media will just tear them apart. He of all people should know this. But it appears that he has lost his way, and is now reaching out for attention and may even be looking fo a REAL love in his life. I truely beleave he lost somthing major when he split with Nicole Kidman. This type of thing can happend to anybody. It is just that he is in the limlight that it has been brough to the forfront of what is wrong with many people in Hollywood.

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    How "literal" do the majority of scientologists take that scfi stuff?

Hopefully for our sake about as literal as most good Christians take the black & white word of the Bible.

Bow before thee all disciples of the horse that prances. Thy givith the great name 250 GTE and the anointed one sent her on the way to righteousness. Along from nero reaches of hell through fire and great pressure the sacred one was decimated as a GTO in the name of blasphemy. Rid thy self of evil wrongs.

14. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    It seems as if these celebrities have never grown out of that four-year old "look at me!!!...look at me!!!" stage in life. Unbelievably annoying and lame. I can't believe we, the public, pay so much for their services when truly contributing members of society such as educators, researchers and the like are paid a pittance. If acting is their profession, why is it they can't just go home when work is done like everyone else? Personally, I'd find them more intriguing if less was know about them, their opinions and their lives.

15. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I've also heard that there is a contract between Tom and Katie. 5 years, 5 mil, no kids. I found it strange that he seemed to only date B list starlets. Now it all makes sense, he was shopping for a willing particpant.

16. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Book of Revelation
    Chapter 6

6:1
    And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

6:2
    And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

6:3
    And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

6:4
    And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

6:5
    And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6:6
    And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

6:7
    And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

6:8
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

7:12
    ...Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

17. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Tom Cruise i can deal with because he is a great actor and has great talent. On the other hand Paris Hilton is getting on my nerves!. Everytime i turn on the TV she is on almost every channel, what the hell does she do thats sooooooooo special?. She is flat out ugly and has no talent whatsoever!.

18. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

She has talent i've seen the vid, lol. At least she's doing something. When you consider that all she has to do in life is sit around and buy stuff, it's actually kinda scary.

19. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    #44 Horsefly, Jun 27, 2005
    Here's the problem I have with a lot of the rich Hollywood types. They preach their doctrine on how to be successfull simply because it worked for THEM. They always talk about how they came to Hollywood with $5 in their pocket and driving a $100 car. Then by hard work and perserverance, they achieved success and greatness in their profession. What they forget to mention is: there are 10,000 other wannabe actors who did the exact same thing but never achieved much of anything. They worked just as hard as Joe Bigshot, with just as much sacrifice, dedication, and determination, but the chips just didn't fall their way. It would be like me finding ONE Ferrari in a barn, then writing a book telling other people how to find a Ferrari in a barn. THEORETICALLY, it would all be correct. But the odds of implimenting the concept would be so absurdly high that any chance of success would be astronomical.
    So just because Joe Bigshot is a rich Hollywood actor in the public eye; it doesn't make his philosophies of life and success any better than a corn farmer in Nebraska.

20. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Exactly. Why don't we ever hear them actually say THAT out loud on TV?

"No such thing as a chemical imbalance in the brain"? Really.

21. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    "...these are anti-psychotic drugs...and shouldn't be used..." I guess that makes good 'ole Tom pro-psychotic.

22. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy

good point

23. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    #48 Sfumato, Jun 27, 2005
    Bringeth the holy hand grenade and pulleth the pin...counteth to three...not two...not four...but three. Three shall be the number.... :)
    You guys know how hard it is to be a druid today?? I tell you...finding wirgins, setting up a stonehenge,....

24. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    After all "It's just a bloody rabbit!"

25. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    A Quote from Katie Hlomes Dad: "Any father is concerned when their, his daughter is marrying a middle-age man that jumps on furniture and worships aliens."
    :D :D :D

Yea, Tom Cruise is really enthusiastic that he can get some young booty.