New MB S Class============ | FerrariChat

New MB S Class============

Discussion in 'Other German' started by tonyh, Jun 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Oh look! It's Mercedes' interpretation of what KIA's interpretation of what a Mercedes looks like!

3. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    They can keep it. Put me on the list as someone who doesn't want it.

4. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Just seriously disappointed in MB in general. The quality has gone down the drain IMO.

RMX

5. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I understand they worked very hard on reliability on the w221. I guess we will see..........

6. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Wasn't there a press release from DC about less electronics in future models? Now i-drive has shown up here?

7. REMIX

You know, I rent a lot of cars. When I take my Benz in for service and they give me a loaner C230 (or whatever the heck it is they give me), I find it alarming it's sporting the same radio I see in every Chrysler Pacifica I rent. Not good.

I have to see this new S Class in person and I'll let you know. I am not impressed by the Maybach design and I wonder how much of those styling cues have been lifted from that car.

RMX

8. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Guys I don't know about the press release.

I like the lines of the 62 maybach and the rear seating. The interior could have been a bit better for the price but I'm not in the market anyway.

I will be looking hard at the S600. I look forward to seeing it in person. I can tell you when I first saw the press picts I was not real pleased. But, it has grown on me............. the real proof will be in person.

9. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #9 FarmerDave, Jun 27, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Why are they still hiding it? It's been released.........

11. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    But not launched. $10 says that is one of the last prototypes in hot weather testing...

12. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Yeah but that's a great radio! Now you might have a point about parts sharing...

As for the new car, they can keep the wheels, but other than that I think it looks good. Looks kinda pricy I guess, like it probably should.

13. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Interesting, that certainly makes sense. I, too, was wondering why it's still cammo'ed up.

14. REMIX

I gotta see this thing in person. It looks fugly in pix. I rather like the current S-Class design and sometimes I wonder if it's really necessary to change a body style every four years. I think the current model has a few years left.

RMX

15. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I don't like most of the new cars coming out. They just look too "plastic" to me.

16. REMIX

The front fender flares remind me of an RX-8, while the wheels remind me of a Hot Wheels car.

RMX

17. jakes-gto

jakes-gto Karting

Jan 18, 2005
    Tied to a chair
    Full Name:
    Buddy Ackerman
    Here in North Jersey we're just a few miles from the North American HQ's of both BMW and Merc. We see those blacked-out test cars all the time. We were seeing the BMW X-5 test mules with 3-series body panels jury-rigged on so they could drive them around.

18. Sniper

Sniper Karting

Jul 7, 2004
    Hemet CA, 909
    Full Name:
    Madhav
    Wow, i do not like the back end at all :( I think once MB added the projectors to the current body, they hit the nail on the head!

19. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    Definetly like this last body style a lot better. To me, this new body style just seems too "flash". If I was to buy an S-class I would want something luxurious and "subtle". Otherwise I'd get a CLS.

20. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Do MB not realize that all this gadgetry does one thing....TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE ROAD!

It's almost as if they can't figure out how to make the car more beautiful or more rewarding to drive, so they pile gadget upon gadget to justify the price.

It's bizarre, plus the car is ugly, very bad proportions, reminds me of the Cayenne's bizarre lines, except in black.

It's good news for current S-Class owners and would be owners, as well as Maserati's V-12 QP, however. ;)

Forza,

Cavallini

21. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    They just keep getting worse! :(