For sale: 360 Spider | FerrariChat

For sale: 360 Spider

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by paulnwgb, Jun 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    At long last, I am emigrating - it's taken ages to get here, but we're flying out on the 6th July, so I must put it off no longer!

Thinking of doing an SOR deal with Maranello but thought someone hereabouts might be interested.

It's a 2002 (52 plate) 360 Spider with F1 box in Rosso Corsa & Cream, Red Calipers, Sport seats, Rear Challenge Grille, Factory Scuderia Shields, Tubi Exhaust, Xenons & Trakbak. It's also Armor Fended (and has been since the day I got it). Many of you hereabouts have seen it I'm sure, it's been on the odd driveout.

Now I know the engine note is all you want to hear, but sometimes, you just want some gentle tunes - so it has had a whopping £6k upgrade from Thames Car Radio which includes DVD/CD player, a really cool SatNav system with a motorised fold away colour LCD panel (7 inches I think), new rear speakers matched to trim, TMC, voice recognition, amplifier, upgraded speakers, and some other bits and bobs.

All the mechanics of this are hidden away in a false floor in the boot. TCR are recommended by Maranello, and these guys are geniuses when it comes to fitting this kit inline with the car.

Serviced by Maranello only, whenever it went in, regardless of any trivial non-noticeable issue, it was fixed without regard to expense.

Last service was 19th May 2005 @ £6878.27 which included annual service, new clutch, battery, 4 new tyres, new fuel filler cap, new pads, some other bits and bobs. Mileage was 14,013 at time of service and car is now at 15,600, give or take a couple of hundred.

Service before that was 27th April 2004 @ £2636.63 which was a 6,250 service and new rear tyres.

I have receipts for all the Maranello work, naturally.

Front underside (the black bit - not the paintwork) is scuffed due to the angle of my driveway - Maranello smooth it out and spray it black at no charge when it goes in for servicing, but of course, it doesn't last long.

Not sure what else to say. Only problem I ever had with the car was a failed battery after not using it for several weeks.

2-3 months left on factory warranty.

Must be out of my hands by 5th July or I'll leave it with Maranello.

To any non-Ferrari owners shrieking at the high mileage, don't be put off. It is far better to have a well-maintained, well run-in car, than a garage queen with god knows what potential issues lurking when you actually start to use it.

Anyone interested? If so, PM me.

I am going to go to the garage now and cry.

2. Kieron

Kieron Karting

May 3, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Kieron
    The 6.8 grand service bill brought a tear to my eye!

All the best mate.

3. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    Cheers mate!

Yeah, £6.8k - haha - bonk :)

In all fairness to Maranello though, this literally was a case of "here's my car - do whatever you like, just make sure it comes back perfect" A lot of what they did could easily have been ignored, and would be ignored on a standard service.

If someone had told me beforehand that my immigration visa would have come in the post 1 week later instead of the six months I had expected, and I'd be selling the car now, I would not have been so liberal!! :)

Cheers
    Paul

4. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Paul,

Sounds like a lovely car - best of luck with the sale and all the best in the new country.

Jamie

5. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Fab car, good luck with the sale and the move. Sadly out of budget for now, otherwise I'd bite your hand off.

6. paulnwgb

paulnwgb Karting

Sep 3, 2003
    Dunmow, Essex
    Full Name:
    Paul Gardner
    Thanks guys!

So, anyone want to hazard a guess on the value of my car? I have no idea really :)

Cheers
    Paul

7. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    £97,475 retail, £87,475 trade - probably a litte less as we are about to enter a new month.

8. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Holy smoke, £10k in a car!!! So, private sale would be somewhere inbetween? £93k??

9. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    good luck with the sale, could you not take her with you (the car!). We're off to NZ in 06 and car comin too!