What, no spotters thread? | FerrariChat

What, no spotters thread?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Gatorrari, Jun 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I'm a bit surprised this forum doesn't have an active "spotters thread" like just about all the other regional forums, for reporting sightings of F-cars and other rare species.

But then again, I guess in some parts of Florida, southeast in particular, Ferraris are so common that a spotters thread would be superfluous. Am I right?

Be that as it may, I was visiting the area over this weekend, and on Saturday morning, about 9 AM, I made an observation on Miami Beach:

Southbound on Indian Creek Drive, crossing 41st Street, a red 360 spider. An FChatter, perhaps?

2. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I just spotted a 308 GTS QV in my garage.

Sorry...couldn't resist.

3. Carlo_Costache ancora

BANNED

Jun 20, 2005
    SanRemoIT/CannesFR
    Full Name:
    Gaincarlo
    well, they're about 7 i've seen near the new house... and I saw 3 this evening in south beach.

360 spider
    355 berlinetta
    348gts

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I was going to start another spotters thread 2 weeks ago, but I've been too busy. It was a yellow 360 Spider that had shields and a challenge grill. I saw it passing on North Orange Ave (right under the 408 overpass) in Orlando Saturday around 1pm (3 Saturday's ago).

5. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Wow, a 348 makes it out to the see daylight (other than mine). I am keeping my eye out for another 348 brother. I think the spotter's thread is a good idea, maybe as a sticky?
    BT

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I saw the Slutmobile on Ocean Dr yesterday :) LOL +

Vanquish, 2 360 spyders, Porsche 356, Murcielago, 3 Vipers

7. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    In Boca it might be easier to post a Honda Civic Spotter's Thread. Only one other in my neighborhood but we have 2 430s and a gaggle of 360s. Can't count the Continential GTs on my fingers and toes.

Scottie

8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    The short answer to this is, yes this would be superfluous.

If I jumped online every time I saw an exotic, nothing would get done around here!

Driving in Tamarac, aside from the gaggle of cop cars that you see every 7-8 seconds (and,yes I do count) Continental GTs (which really dont qualify as exotic to me) are as common as SUVs, just went out and did some errands and saw two of them.

BHW

9. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    1 guy in my Bldg owns a 430 coupe, 360 spyder, Porsche Turbo COnv, Murcielago, + an MB 55SL AMG

Anpther guy has a 355, Vanquish + a MyBeotch

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Gee, my other car is a Honda Civic.........:D

11. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    What about the other guy with the F40 and the Slut Mobile - oh, wait, that's you! Maybe we should consider setting you up with a Civic.

Scottie

12. Carlo_Costache ancora

BANNED

Jun 20, 2005
    SanRemoIT/CannesFR
    Full Name:
    Gaincarlo
    So today, I saw a Carrera GT in Boca...The guy was eating at the resturante of which we had been eating. We are on Glades road and a orange Gallardo is side by side at one of the lights.

hmmm.. on this road called 'north federal hwy' , an F50 was parked at a shop...a red 360 spider was turning off, then there was a 996 TurboS cabriolet on our side and a murcielago behind us.

The murcielago followed us back to miami - where lots of porsches and another ferrari 360 meet us.... Oh, and I saw an '05 M3..(the car we were driving..)

good day....

13. Carlo_Costache ancora

BANNED

Jun 20, 2005
    SanRemoIT/CannesFR
    Full Name:
    Gaincarlo
    yea it was sharp...bright yellow and very tempting. love those classic lines;)

14. FerrariTifoisi#1

FerrariTifoisi#1 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jay
    you gotta love S Florida for exotic cars. I miss seeing all those cars. now that i live north of orlando the most exotic thing i see is a porsche boxter.

15. Cochese

Cochese Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rick
    William has competition IN HIS OWN BUILDING!!!!

I think it's kinda funny, that other spotter threads get an addition every few days, of maybe a 360, or older car. In this area, as you can all see, every few hours someone pipes up about a handful of cars. Shoot, I didn't even leave my house today, but I saw a gajillion 360s and Porsche boxters and SL500s/55s and Continental GTs and and and and :)

16. Carlo_Costache ancora

BANNED

Jun 20, 2005
    SanRemoIT/CannesFR
    Full Name:
    Gaincarlo

17. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    The thread would be like 300 pages long because southern Florida. Lucky Dogs. Actually I dont want to see Ferraris everyday. Dont want for it to become a common occasion. Do any of thw owners here live in the Pensecola/destin area? The last time I spotted a Ferrari was in Pensecola, 355 berlinetta red. That was like a year ago though!!

18. Cochese

Cochese Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rick
    How about a "Famous People Driving Ferraris" spotters thread?

I'll start. I saw Drew Rosenhaus a few weeks ago in South Beach with a red 360 Spyder. For those of you asking, he's a football agent, and he's on a sports tv show on channel 7.