Dam don't wana be this guy!! Wife sold his Lotus on ebay for $.50... | FerrariChat

Dam don't wana be this guy!! Wife sold his Lotus on ebay for $.50...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by horsmanp, Jun 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    Angry Wife Gets Revenge Via eBay
    Wednesday, June 22, 2005

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160390,00.html

Heaven Helps a Fool
    April 27, 2005
    Tim Shaw has gotten in trouble again — and this time it counts.

In February, as previously reported in Out There, the obnoxious British shock jock was suspended "indefinitely" from his radio DJ job for the on-air trashing of his boss' house.

Last Thursday night, he was doing his usual 10 p.m.-to-1 a.m. shift at Birmingham-based Kerrang! 105.2 FM — here's his bio page — when he told pin-up girl Jodie Marsh (search) on air that he'd be willing to leave his wife and two kids for her.

Unfortunately, his long-suffering wife was listening — and quickly put up his Lotus Esprit Turbo sports car for sale on eBay.

"I need to get rid of this car immediately — ideally in the next 2-3 hours before my cheating [jerk] husband gets home to find it gone and all his belongings in the street," Hayley Shaw wrote on the eBay description page, which as of Wednesday afternoon was still up.

"I am the registered owner and I have the log book. Please only buy if you can pick up tonight," she added.

The auction lasted exactly five minutes and three seconds. The car, estimated to be worth $45,000, sold for 50 pence (90 cents) and was soon driven away by a buyer who wishes to remain anonymous.

"I am sick of him disrespecting this family for the sake of his act," Hayley Shaw told a Birmingham newspaper. "The car is his pride and joy, but the idiot put my name on the log book [registration], so I just sold it. I didn't care about the money. I just wanted to get him back."

Last July, according to The Independent of London, Shaw upset his then-pregnant wife by saying on-air that he fantasized about sex with her sister. When she tearfully called to complain, he put her on air as well.

A month later, he nearly choked to death when a sausage he was simulating a sex act on broke in half.

A Kerrang! 105.2 spokesman said Tuesday that Shaw had taken a few days off to try to patch things up with his wife, who told newspapers "there is no hope for a reconciliation."

— Thanks to Out There reader David N.

2. Kieron

Kieron Karting

May 3, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Kieron
    Publicity stunt.

3. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    Maybe not. I was talking to one of my Mom's friend's who is from South Africa, and he said that one time the Porsche dealer down there put out a 911 and a price of $1 (in south african money though) on it. The car sat there for about 6 months, with everybody thinking it was a joke. Finally some guy went in and bought it for $1.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Uh huh....

Remember "The Guy" whos' wife found the secretary's love note and sold his Benz at the garage sale for $500?

My brother's friend's sister's neighbor's dog walker was there so it REALLY HAPPENED!!!!

5. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Mean is the fist of a man,
    Evil is the heart of a woman

6. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Yes. "hell have no wrath as that of a woman scorned" and more importantly "a shock jock will go to no end to improve ratings"

7. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    total publicity stunt.
    see her previous auctions.

8. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Agreed, just another stupid stunt. Her previous transactions looked real phoney as the dude with zero feedback who bought the car.

9. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Maybe Art can chime in on this. Several years ago in Vegas, a lady was in the same mindset and sold her husband's new 911 for $.25! He took it to court and got his car back in a week. There are some laws on the books that prevent sales such as this (At least in Nevada there were).

10. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    dave, wtf

i thot we agreed my identity and profession will not be revealed...

11. PMDDMD

PMDDMD Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2004
    Ok, here's a real life story from my own family archives. Back in the early 70's my uncle and his wife built their dream home on 12 acres in central Maine. The house was a new-construction 20+ room Victorian, 4 floors..beautiful. Detatched 4-car garage with apartment above-it..1 acre pond and an apple orchard on the property...bottom line...idyllic. Cost of construction back then was around $250K (translate that into 2005 dollars=pretty big bucks). By 1980 they went through a contentious divorce and she got the house and just about everything else but his 1975 Datsun 240Z(which he still drives!). This house was my uncle's pride and joy, killed him to lose it. Very soon after the divorce, she sold the property (spitefully some might say) for just over $30K, the balance of the mortgage at the time. She was independently wealthy and didn't need the bucks..just wanted, apparently, to devalue the only thing he he held dear at the time.

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    yep

If u look at the pic of the lotus , u can see its a fake.

13. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    wow, over 300,000 views for that auction!

14. crazynova23

crazynova23 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    its funny, because i dont know about europe, but if it was america, and his name was on the title, and she did that, he could take it right back from the buyer because it wasnt her property, and his name only was on the title.

15. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    She says "I am the registered owner" in the ebay ad. Which doesn't make sense to me why she would take such a loss on a car that she technically owned anyway.

16. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    interesting story Pete. hmmmm.

17. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    £0.50 may be stretching it. I'd say £0.40 tops.

18. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris

Yeah. Looks like some sort of lotus kit car. Definatley a p-s'd pic