99 355 slow down | FerrariChat

99 355 slow down

Discussion in '348/355' started by NrvousF355, Jun 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NrvousF355

NrvousF355 Rookie

May 26, 2005
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Isidro Castillo
    the car is a 1999 f355 . completely stock. one day after drving a little spirited, the slow down light began to flash and the check engine light turned on. having talked to a well known ferrari tech in the area he recomended i check the egt computers, i bought one new computer and swapped it from location to location at no avail. i then unplugged all three and reset the ecu. after that the car is perfect except for the check engine light. i had the same mechanic check the cats and they were perfect. also changed the plugs with new ngk's gapped to spec same thing. they only time the car ran right after was when i unplugged all the egt ecus.

could i possibly have a bad egt sensor?

any other recomendations?

any help would be greatly appriciated.

2. Matthias Urban

Matthias Urban F1 World Champ

Mar 5, 2005
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias Urban
    I have a 98er since 3 month and had the same symptoms from the start on. Bought it at an official dealer. He said as long as the engine is not losing performance and the bars are all working it's only a minor problem. He exchanged two sensors and since then "slow down" only showed up once again whilst driving slowly behind some elderly people stop and go.

3. NrvousF355

NrvousF355 Rookie

May 26, 2005
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Isidro Castillo
    will a scanner tell me which egt comp or sensor is bad? also what kind of scan tool is used for a 99 355?

4. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    check the oxygen sensor and your ecu

5. NrvousF355

NrvousF355 Rookie

May 26, 2005
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Isidro Castillo
    the car ran in limp (4 cylinders) when the lights came on the first time so im really not sure what to do.

6. r@mon

r@mon Rookie

Jun 2, 2005
    bump for an answer

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Swap the cat ECU's from side to side and see if the problem switches banks. If so, get a new ECU.