Temporary insurance? | FerrariChat

Temporary insurance?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Robertb, Jun 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Hi there folks,

I am getting my 355 back soon from the dealership where it has been on Sale or Return.

I need to insure the car on a short term basis whilst I attempt to sell it privately.

Anyone know
    a) where the best deals currently are to be had with Ferrari insurance
    b) whether there are any companies that will offer short run policies, say 3-6 months without the high cancellation charges that come from taking out a whole year then cancelling?

Thanks

Robert.

2. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hi Robert, being nosy, but what happend with the dealer? why were they not able to sell the car? did they have it long ?

Rob

3. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I put it up for sale to in Jan this year after I bought a 993 Targa.

They had plenty of viewings, and one offer below the asking early on in the year, which I regrettably declined. Then things have dried up- maybe it is the economy, consumer confidence, or the colour (it is silver, and we all know that people only want red ones!)

Other dealers I've had discussions with say that retail life is not as cheery as it might be at the moment.

I'm confident it will sell in the end, as it is, IMO, a great late-model RHD car at sensible money. I would leave it at the dealer, but I thought I might as well have a go myself, plus I get to drive it again!

The worst case scenario is that I keep the 993 and the 355, and spend most of my income on insurance and servicing.

But, hey, it'll be fun! For a bit...

I wish there was an insurance company imaginitive enough to do a multiple policy covering two vehicles for fire and theft, but reducing the total premium on the basis that only one car would be being driven at any one time...

Robert.

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    my neighbour is after a 355 any details

5. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Steve, you have PM.

Robert.

6. angelboy

angelboy Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Up North - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul

Is that Mark?

7. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Whoever he is, he wanted a red one apparently...

8. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    yes it is

9. angelboy

angelboy Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    Up North - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul

Ha Ha!
    He said at Stanford that he really fancied a F355 - maybe it's because there was a cracker in his rear view mirror for 70-odd miles!

Can you tell him about the Ferrari 'Fly-in' on the 14th August. I've lost his email address and I know he doesn't come on here often.

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    yes i weill tell him got his car here at the moment got somebody looking at it at the weekend