360 Accident in NH, anyone know further details? | FerrariChat

360 Accident in NH, anyone know further details?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Schatten, Jul 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    This is from a posting on another forum that I frequent. The individual goes to the Uni of NH. I'm hoping someone up in the EC might know a few more details regarding this one and if the driver is stable and doing ok. The 360 did have Vermont plates.

And sorry, no pictures were provided by the poster.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I hope he survives . as for the Titan ***** , i hope he goes to jail and gets rear ended as well.

3. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    I agree 100% with Andrew.

Also, has this been posted in the New England Section? They would be more likely to be in the know about this.

4. Four7EightBHP

Four7EightBHP Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 20, 2005
    USA - Colorado
    I hope everone is okay. This kind of thing scares me to death. That's why when I ride the Road King, I have one eye in the rear view and the other on the drivers around me. I let HD make sure I'm going forward straight as an arrow.

Maybe some good could come out of this by using the Ferrari for impact analysis. In turn, that could be used by the factory to build in greater safety features. It seems there has been a rash of Ferrari accidents lately and the only control we have is to look for a positive to come out of a horrible negative. It is a blessing no one was in the passenger seat.

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I only posted it in here, hoping someone would know further details.

6. VTFerrari

VTFerrari Rookie

Dec 4, 2003
    Sarasota ,Florida
    Full Name:
    Dennis R. Bosch
    Sorry to hear about this accident.
    No one in the local club has a 360..
    I spoke to Todd and he doesnt know if the car either.
    Thanks for the post.
    Dennis

7. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    I hope the driver makes it ok, too. I am always outraged at cellphone talking drivers, and am even more pissed that, even though it's against the law in NY State, it rarely seems to be enforced- I guess it's assumed that if a distracted driver causes an accident as a result of phone use, it will be a factor in the criminal charges and eventual civil case, but then it's obviously too late for anyone unfortunate enough to be in the way. Sorry for the rant, here, but this just reinforces my already strong feelings that people's driving habits reveal them to be selfish, preoccupied, and uncaring about what their limited view of the world can do to others. My prayers to the driver and family. And yes, i hope the driver who caused the accident gets some real time in a prison (where, i assume, they don't allow cell phone use).

8. Maltp

Maltp Rookie

Jun 14, 2005
    I use my cellphone in the car chronicly but instead of being a stupid BrowN i use handsfree or Speakerphone now i can't live without those to things. I hate when i see the cops rollin round their phones stuck to the sides of their heads damn 'Ginas. Brown please!

9. stuffman

stuffman Rookie

Aug 3, 2004
    State College, Pa
    Full Name:
    Dylan Powell
    Anyone see in the new car and driver where the F430 they were supposed to test got T-boned in Jersey by a cell-talking, redlight-running idiot. Fortunately, someone stepped up an lent their car to test, but it's a shame some guy just shelled out $200k for a brand new car and have it get destroyed so soon. Hope he had insurance.

(Same with that guy who's 308GTS burst into flames at the gas pump yesterday- anyone see that on the news?)

10. arnaget

arnaget Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Jason
    dylan,

i would imagine the f430 they were referring to that got t-boned in the article would have been FNA's press car (FNA is in englewood cliffs, nj), and not a private party car. but yeah, it was really generous of the knappenberg (sp?) guy to lend his f430 and the turbo S cab to them.