Cinderella Man | FerrariChat

Cinderella Man

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by UroTrash, Jul 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Just saw it: a very fine movie.

Don't understand why its not doing well at the box office, I'll take an ill tempered phone tosser to a loonie high school drop out scientology cultist any day!!!

No kidding, I usually don't get all gooey over male actors, but I have never seen Russell Crowe do ANYTHING bad. He is the real deal.

My advice: See it, it is up lifting but not corny, and that's hard to do.

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Is it as good as Rocky?

3. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Umm..... different deal all together. Hard to remember Rocky, its been about 30 years.

BTW, I really liked the Million Dollar Baby as well, although I don't particularly care for boxing.

I liked it because there was nothing cheap, no sex or nudity or un needed love scenes.... not that there is any thing wrong with gratuitous sex...

4. mrrou

mrrou Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I heard it was a good movie..Uro..one question...was kitty fish sticks your date?

:)

5. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

I was with 9 women.

Edit: average age:14.

6. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Missed Virtuosity, did you?

7. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

I suppose I did.

8. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I saw Cinderalla Man just the other day and I thought it was good. Its completely different than Rocky. I dont like Renae Zellwiger(sp?) but Russel Crowe was really good.

9. Lt1corvette

Lt1corvette Guest

Jun 19, 2005
    San Clemente, CA
    Full Name:
    Joseph Dowd
    Haha, I didn't. We just black out that section of Crowes life. This movie wasn't a Gladiator, but it was a good movie. I grew up with my grandfather talking about the old boxing days of 1920's and 1930's, so seeing it on the screen was interesting. If you havn't seen it and you have a free afternoon, I would go. My girl friend thought it was terrible, but I ignore her opinion on stuff like this, I am not dating her for her intellectual ability. Go see it.

10. mrrou

mrrou Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    that'll be our little secret..

11. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I haven't seen Cinderella yet but look forward to it (seen clips). Rocky against the Russian was the best after the 1st movie. Russell Crowe has never been all that to me as an actor or athlete. Fighting in a pro arena may have been too much physical demand for this actor. "A Beautiful Mind" is great but to box w/ pro attitude? Crowe should have gotten into shape like Stallone did to make a great movie.

12. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Very good movie. Not as good as Million Dollar Baby. Just take a look at the average american and you can see why they don't go see Cindarella Man. Much too smart of a movie them. Even lss people saw Million DOllar Baby I believe.

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Cinderella Man was great. Like Uro mentioned, it's family-clean (although the promoter uses the Lord's name too much). Great fights!

It was moving for me to see the poverty and the sacrifices. It was especially poignant for me, and made me appreciate the miraculous place I am in life.

Also a great and pertinent theme was to see the dynamics of the husband/wife relationships in the movie. How the wife not believing in the husband causes her fear of failure to become apparent. There's nothing that can crush a man like an unsupportive wife.

The single most heartwrenching scene for me was watching Crowe's character, formerly wealthy and a business owner, have to beg from his old friends - literally with a hat, crying.

The last thing I think worth mentioning was the contrast between Crowe and his buddy who doesn't preservere, becomes self destructive, and ends up getting trampled in a ghetto, leaving a wife and child behind. Poor choices and lack of faith let him go. I've seen that in my own life, as I've chosen to struggle and get out of situations other [extended] family members wallow in and never progress.

14. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    It was one of the most amazing movies I have seen in awhile. It was crazy how his life changed in the drop of a hat, but what made it a great movie was what he did for his family

Antony

15. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    It definately was a good movie, as I have seen every boxing movie ever made. I felt guilty after seeing the movie, thinking that I waste so much money on cars. It really makes me greatful that I have the ability to own a Ferrari!

16. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I know what you mean. Right now I'm going through a recruiting process, and they are treating me embarassingly well. When I saw the poverty in that movie, it was a stark slap-in-the-face reminder that the things I've been haggling and debating over (moderate differences in pay, perks, etc between firms) in my job decision are totally unimportant compared to basic needs, which would be met by any of them.

17. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    It was an amazing movie, one of the best I've seen in a long time.