ALL - Washing equipment advice & Joe CS question......... | FerrariChat

ALL - Washing equipment advice & Joe CS question.........

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by CUE99T, Jul 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CUE99T

CUE99T Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Right just moved to house from flat and wanna get a new washing gizmo, when I washed my 355 at my mates garage he had a Karcher which heated the cold water which meant you didn't need to wash it that much just use the deteregent and hot water that it spat out and job wash excellent, anyone got any ideas.....garage queens will get merit points for innovation!!

Oh, btw got outside tap fitted, and Joe, could you PM me with a regular garage floor finish, and anyone in Glasgow area who does it like you?

Ta
    Paul

2. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Paul

A bucket of water and a Terrys nappy does the trick, no sponges. As for a karcher just be careful they are not too powerful, I have a jet wash but wouldn't use it on my car its too harsh.
    Good luck in your new gaff:D

3. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Nay, nay and thrice nay!!!!!!!

The detergents that those machines use will strip your finish faster than a Las Vegas stripper, seriously.

If you have to use a jet wash, use it on a very low setting, but even then, a hose pipe is far better and safer.

Get adecent polish on it, then wash with a decent quality car wash like AutoGlym, Zymol or Meguires every time, not Halfords special... and it will never take much to wash the dirt off.

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Al,
    you can put your choice of car wash in the bottle attachment . It fits under the pressure hose.
    Rgds
    T

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Paul,
    Joe will travel anywhere if the price is right ;) :D

6. chaa