What Exotic Car Dealers in N.O.? | FerrariChat

What Exotic Car Dealers in N.O.?

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Alex_V, Jul 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Im coming down to New Orleans the first week of August ( see here: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65308 ) and I wanted to know if there are any Ferrari or Exotic Car dealers in the city area that are worth stopping by. I did a quick search on Google, but as Google usually does I got about 389 Million results for anything with the word Car Dealer or Ferrari New Orleans with my search. Any help will be appreciated :)

2. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Alex,

Unforunately there are no exotic show rooms in town to "stop by" for a peek unless you count the Porsche dealership. Most locals who deal in exotics keep private rooms or collections which are not visible to the public.

While there are a decent number of vocal owners here, the general driving conditions in New Orleans prevent exotic cars from becoming overly popular. Kind of a wierd thought considering our city is home of one of the more infamous Ferrari events in the US!

While I'm certainly not an owner, I'd be happy to get together for a bite to eat whenever you come to town. Post or PM me the specifics of your visit and perhaps we can get together!

edit: I saw you are a jumper :) When I was in highschool I took our ISAS group with a 21'9" jump and later took second or third at a district meet with 22'2" -- there was a big fella from out in the country who managed a 24'8" :O I swear he coulda flapped his arms and flown...!

3. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hey Richard, thats too bad about the dealers only being for private viewing only, i might stop by the P-car dealer if I have a chance.

My events are on Wednesday and Thursday so i think I may be arriving Tuesday night and leaving Thursday night...dont waste anytime there huh? ;)
    If my family and I plan to stay longer I would be glad to join you for a dinner or lunch or whatever it may be, always good to get to know a fellow F-chatter!

22'2 in the long jump eh? Quite impressive! Like I said in the other thread, I literally started doing the LJ a week before that meet and jumped like 17'11, worked on it a couple times over the weekdays and jumped a 20'1. My best event has to be the High Jump however, I took second in the Colorado 5A State Finals this year as a sophomore with a jump of 6'6, the guy that beat me was about 6'6 himself and ended up jumping 7'0 and tied for 3rd in the overall national ranks!

Thanks for the info, maybe see you soon?
    Alex

4. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Interesting. I remember a lot of kids in this area (in district or state) who were well past 7' in high jump and one guy who broke into the 26' range in longjump when I was a junior. What are the parameters for the league (?) you participate in? The guys I'm talking about were all from way out in the country and went to small public schools where they didn't have much of a chance at college unless they scored a scholarship...so most of them only participated in a track program to stay in shape for football or baskteball. It's a shame -- lots of phenomenal talent.

5. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Intresting indeed. Its probably just that where you live compared to where i live, there are alot of good athletes, instead of just a couple like here in Colorado. We have good athletes here, im not taking anything away from the guy who won state w/ 7'0 here in Colorado, but to hae a single State with more than one athlete who jumps 7'0 in High School is very impressive. Texas track is the most important by far, if you look at the national ranks, a Texas athlete is in the top 10 GUARANTEED! I think Colorados top long jumper jumped a 23'8....we did have a girl who hit 21 ft in the long jump however, she was the best in the country!!!!

edit: sigh....thats my 1,000 post, i spend too much time here..... ;)