Boston's North Shore Bi-Weekly F-Drive | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Boston's North Shore Bi-Weekly F-Drive

Discussion in 'New England' started by Ferrari 328 Euro, May 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Drat, it's looking 'iffy'. Today my 308 lost turn signals & emergency flashers, & driver's window stuck itself down(sigh), just after last night I'd promised Cindy a whole bunch of stuff would get done Saturday.

To make it worse, I've got a major customer presentation @9:30 Monday AM, & my slides still need 4 or 5 hours work, stupidly left work figuring I'd go back & do it Saturday, totally forgetting my massive list of HoneyDos that can't be put off any longer(duh)...

2. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Verell, on the plus side, at least the window is stuck down and not up!! (The Mondial drivers window is stuck up, and I don't mean it's arrogant...I mean it's HOT as HELL!)

Birdman

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Birdman and all... Can't make Sunday but WILL be at Louis of Boston (?Newberry Street?) at around 10am this morning (Saturday) and hope to have lunch there (around 1:00pm). If anyone is in the area feel free to catch Linda and i there.

4. MITengineer

MITengineer Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Montana
    I'm going to make it, although sadly no Ferrari yet...

5. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Sorry, had company till past midnite & slept in...

Found my turn signal problem, wire came loose inside the flasher & burned out the relay drive transistor, maybe the other one as well. Will pick up a new one from local auto parts.

6. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Guys,
    Another great drive! My daughter loved going to the beach, and she was really tired by the time we got home. Sorry I had to miss lunch. Hope to join the lunch festivities next time.

Birdman

P.S. I went home Rte 22 and there are a lot of potholes in that one!

7. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Jonathan,

Glad you and Alise had a great time... I think we all enjoyed the beach yesterday! Lunch was great (sorry you missed it!).

Everyone,

I'm thinking of the next trip to head through Essex again and continue on to Manchester for lunch. There is a great place in the center of town that serves pub-like meals... We can continue on through Beverly Farms and back to Beverly.

Perhaps another trip can include Topsfield/Ipswich or a run through Newburyport... I'm taking suggestions for other routes as well! :)

The next meet is scheduled for Sunday, 10 July at 9:30 AM at Starbucks in Beverly (Rt. 1A near Rt. 128)

PM me if any of you guys have any questions or suggestions.

Have a great week!
    Brandon

8. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Good to see you guys, I'll try and clean my car for next time :)

9. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Nah, Dan, leave it dirty. Made mine look clean! ;-) Sorry to see that you banged up yet another wheel. What a pain. Can that one be straightened?

I'll be bringing the Mondial next time!

Birdman

10. F50

F50 Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    anyone mind of an 05 m3 comp package tagged along. sorry no fcar.

11. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    As long as you buy lunch, we're cool with it. ;)

Kidding, all are welcome.

I'm wondering where Zan and Kenny are? HELLO? YOO HOO, where's the 12 cylinders at? So far Sam is the only 12 owner to show up! (In a 330!)

Birdman

12. zan

zan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2002
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Mark M
    The dates haven't worked out for me so far :(
    Mark

13. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Ditto here. Weather was dubious at best the first drive IIRC and looks like a conflict for me for the July 10 date as well.

OTOH, looks clean and green for Alex's run from So. Shore plaza to Falmouth this Sun. if any of you No. Shore guys want to venture down and join in...

14. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    anyone planning on meeting up on the 10th? i will try if anyone is but my parents may not want to take me as i will have just returned from being away wed-saturday at lime rock. the next one i wont be able to make because ill be in hawaii and the one after that im at camp.

maybe we should change the next run to the 17th, as, at least for me, theres nothing going on, and i suspect some may not want to go on the 10th because lime rock was the day before. anyone like or dislike this idea?

15. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I'm up for either or both. Everyone just let me know.

16. mrrou

mrrou Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Myself and my lady friend would love to join you, although I hope you don't mind my lowly acura in your rear view mirror :) we're both bigtime Ferrari fans..and it would be a blast.

Looking forward to meeting everyone during one of the august drives

take care

andrew

17. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    Hey Birdman, may try to make it in August. Would be fun to hang with everyone for a while and relive my youth! The car is running great (made it to Hartford June 19 and back) and have taken several runs up and down Rt. 102 in RI to keep it in shape.

18. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon

Hey Andrew.... you and your lovely lady are more than welcome! It's a small group of us, but we have a lot of fun. Hopefully, this weekend will be good weather.
    See you there I hope!

19. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Everyone,

For this Sunday (10 July) how about a drive through Essex again into Manchester (via Gloucester) for lunch this time. There is a good restaurant in Manchester called "Seven Central Publick House" ( I am trying to confirm now, what time they open on Sundays). I'll report more when they answer the phone - LOL!

For the 24th of July (after a great bar-b-que/day at Verrel's the day before) how about a run through Ipswich into Newburyport? Any suggestions for a great restaurant (with decent parking) ? All suggestions are welcome!

For the 07 August run, I was thinking of heading towards Ipswich and into Topsfield and then head back through Beverly to Hamilton for lunch at the Black Cow (excellent Steak Tips there!) [Note: This is very close to Myopia Polo Grounds where FCA/NER will be having the Ferrari Polo Match on Sunday, 18 September.]

On a different note:

Does anyone have any contacts at Paul Russell's in Essex? I wonder if it might be possible to drive there on some given Saturday and tour the place (assuming they are open on Saturdays and up for a handful of Fascinated Ferrari Fans!)

Any other places you guys might want to venture to of interest to our group? Doesn't have to be on the North Shore....

I'm getting way ahead of myself, but how considering an Autumn drive to see the leaves change? Cooler weather, good twisties, and good company. Anyone?

Thanks guys!
    Brandon

20. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Unfortunately I'll miss both this weekend and the 24th. This weekend I'm in LRP until Sat and I think I (or the car) would be hurt severly for a fourth car-related day in a row. On the 24th I've got other family commitments :(

21. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    You'll be sorely missed Dan, but I well understand... Summer is tough as there are always so many events happening - whether it be Ferrari or family.

I will look forward to seeing you very soon though... We're neighbors, don't forget... stop by Salem anytime to say hello and have a drink! :)

22. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    cant make it this sunday either, for pretty much the same reason as dan. 24th, ill be in hawaii, 7th ill be at camp, 21st is the day after camp so i dont know about that one either. looks like thats it for me and north shore fchat runs, but if you plan a fall run on a good day id love to go out for that, would make some spectacular photos.

23. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Sorry to hear that you will not be joining us Spenser....

The August 21st event is NOT the last for the year. When all this started back in May, I simply wanted to get a short-term calendar out on the site. I'm figuring we can go right through to the end of October if there is interest. By then it will be cooler and less hectic as well for most of us.

I'll try to coordinate the Sept. and Oct. dates so that they do not coincide with any FCA/NER or other known events. As usual, I rely on your guys for your input regarding schedules or routes. :)

NOTE: I was thinking about hosting a little get-together for all you guys in the early Fall (Sep/Oct) as well. Not sure about details yet, but my buddy Bryan and I were talking about an "Italian" event. I'll post more as the time gets closer.

24. Ferrari 328 Euro

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    The North Shore Run on Sunday, 10 July was a great get-together.

Five Ferrari's lined the parking lot of Starbucks. All cleaned, all red, all beautiful, and all sounding great (except mine as the battery connect jiggled loose - thanks John! You sure you should not be a Ferrari mechanic?)

Thanks to Rich (Our silver winner at the Hartford Concorso!), for the new route through Wenham that was a new experience for me. Great road!

A warm welcome to our newest North Shore Ferrari owner, Jamie Hughs, who came in his new 355 B - F1... red/ tan and totally awesome! We all enjoyed meeting you and hope to see more of you and that great car! (Jamie, you saw my buddy that morning in his 328 GTB Verde Scuro who beeped at you!) :)

A nice ride through Wenham, Ipswich, Essex and on to Manchester. Hot day, but a great ride!

The next run is for Sunday, 24 July at 9:30 AM. I was thinking about a ride through Newburyport. Anyone know of a good restaurant that would be recommended?

See you guys there! Everyone is welcome!

25. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Brandon,
    Sorry I missed it. I spent my Ferrari day limit on Friday working on Michael's 355. I had to spend some time with the family on Sunday. It figures that for once the weather was perfect when I couldn't make it!

Birdman