Palm Pilot or Blackberry??? | FerrariChat

Palm Pilot or Blackberry???

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by JStone414, Jul 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Fellas, need some advice-

Need to get a PDA device that I can check e-mail and go online with. Doesn't need to have MP3, video, or any of that....just need to be able to access e-mail at anytime and be able to use the internet (on the road a lot and need to access a website that provides my sales information, efficiencies, labor, COGS, etc in real time).

I technically don't need another mobile number, but if I have to get one that's fine. I'm debating b/w one of the Palms, Blackberry, or anything else.....suggestions would be a huge help!!! thanks guys

2. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Emil is the man on this subject, but I'll chime in with a suggestion for the Treo 650. Great all around device, but not the strongest when it comes to the ability to browse the web. I know the sidekick is quite strong in that department though, so i would say it would be between the two of those devices.

3. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Blackberry still has the best e-mail hands down. treo is great if you need more "online". Personally, though, I use a SideKick which I hink is cooler. :)

4. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    hmmmm....i don't think I need anything major with the internet, just gotta be able to check up on information on a regular basis. I guess I mean I don't need the best color or what not

Emil - u think the sidekick is the way to go???

5. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    The blackberry is the best email unit out there, however it's capabilities to run applications or search the web is just not as strong. The Treo 650 is a good unit, however I find that the key's are a bit small for my taste. The browser is not bad, but the biggest prob with the Treo is that it is Palm based. This does not let you multi thread. If you are checking email and have to check the internet, it closes email and goes to the web. If you have just waited for the web to load and need to make a phone call or check an address, you will loose your web page and need to start over. I would look at a Pocket PC / Windows based unit. Good email, good browsing, good muli tasking, good everything.

Having a unit of each type, I have been pushing the Pocket PC devices to clients. I also take my laptop with me and use my Sprint card to connect anytime.

6. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    What he said!

7. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    As far as e-mails go.. Balckberry. Have had one for three years. Great for e-mails.

8. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    sounds good, checkin them out now.....any recommendations on which Model to buy???

sorry about all the questions

9. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
  10. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Nice lookin' phone Jim...I'm curious to hear how you like it one you get acclimated to it. Keep us posted...

11. jptyke

jptyke Formula 3

Sep 28, 2004
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Master P.
    Sidekick II baby!

12. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    based on how long it took me to program my Pronto remote expect the full review around 2008.

13. Maltp

Maltp Rookie

Jun 14, 2005
    I love the blackberry as an email device /phone plus the thing is a tank. I don't have any problems with dropping that device. I am a clutz and i think it is prolly sturdiest of the bunch. the treo is from recently playing with it more versitile. so if you just need email blackberry but if you want more bells and whistles definatly go with a treo.

14. arnaget

arnaget Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Jason