got my car back from Detailing Dynamics | FerrariChat

got my car back from Detailing Dynamics

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by 348SStb, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sorry I don't have any pics, but I just wanted to once again praise Matt and Eddie over at Detailing Dynamics in Mineola on Long Island.

These guys are the best. I dropped off and received my car last week and I'm just as happy as the first time I used them. They worked on my car for days and made the paint on my elderly 1992 348 look brand new! And they'll treat you right with pricing.

I know many of you here in the Tri-State area have already jumped on the DD bandwagon; but if you haven't, check them out!

(PS They had an original condition 288 GTO in their shop and it looked awesome!)

2. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    dave, spotted you in front of a cafe on main street westhampton yesterday.
    car is looking really nice!
    my car is currently at detailing dynamics too for film and a detail.
    they are simply the best!

3. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Really? Small world :)

I love Westhampton... nice little town to walk around in.

4. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Did they charge you $50 bucks for fuel?

5. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    they charged u that when ur whip was there? and for how much fuel?

6. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Full Name:
    John
    3/4 tank.

7. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    John,

My car was there when yours was. Your car was very dirty. I guess Vegas was a lot of fun. I can't believe that he charged you for gas. I really think he's (Matt) the best when it comes to detailing, but way too expensive. I didn't pay for gas, but paid more then you can guess for a detail. I thought I screwed up the paint but he was able to correct it. The car looked unbelievable after he was done. Touched up all the chips in the front too. When I got the bill, I didn't argue with him, because he did such a great job, and took me right away.

Gary

8. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    how much are we talking about here?

9. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Full Name:
    John
    Gary, I know they do very good job at cleaning the car. When I asked them how much do I owe them for the wash, they told me $200. I was a bit shocked, so I asked what kind of wash? They told me they needed to wash it 3 times plus they are about to wax the car. I asked them how much is it w/o the waxing, they said $60, so I told them I don't need the waxing b/c the car is being sold, they insisted that I have a lot of scratches on the roof and swire marks (which I coudn't see) and I needed the wax. I told them "NO" that I just needed it to be clean. When I got there I got an extra bill for "gas". I know when I left Vegas, my car was near empty, but there were enough gas to drive at least a 10 miles. And I cannot understand why moving my car ten feet from outside of detailing dynamics to the inside would require 3/4 tank of gas (they didn't even fill it up fill).

10. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Most of you guys aren't married and have no one to answer to. So...put it this way, when my wife asked me how much was it, I said $300.00. It was really $750.00. It was a lot of work, and it came out great, but like a lot of things in life, I can't justify spending that much money. Could it of been done for less? I didn't shop around, so I don't know.

11. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I've brought my car in for service and sometimes it was low, and the shop would put $5-$7.00 worth of gas. Just to play it safe. 3/4 of a tank!! Not nice!
    I love your new car. I had the pleasure last year driving one. I was amazed how it felt. Shifting was great. The inside was very nice. I just can't bond with the outside. Maybe I need to spend more time with one. I also think that if the coupe has a back seat, so should the convertable. Sales would of been higher and maybe the resale would hold better. Even though the 911 's backseat is useless, its there. Enjoy the ride! Best of luck!

12. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    3/4 of a tank on a 550 is about $50(or whatever they billed u), no?
    maybe it was not necessary to get that much gas, but if you did get what you paid for i guess there is no real harm. save u the trouble to get it urself when u drive it home. :D

13. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
  14. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    WOW...

I concur...

$750 to detail a car???? What exactly did that entail???

The local ferrari dealership is 330$, and that is an exterior/interior/ with wax. I don't believe this includes the engine compartment. But keep in mind its a DEALER, and the overhead is much higher than that for a mobile detailer...

Out of curiosity - how frequently do you guys detail your cars? If I detail mine, 2 weeks later it could pretty much need it again...

Lets see, $750 every 2 weeks or so...hmmmm. Maybe some soap and warm water will do :).

15. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    stOp pLaya hAting.

i personally have never gotten a detail from DD, but from what i witness, you get what you pay for. i believe concour detail can go few G's, few hundreds get you very throughout detailing that your dealer will not match.

do your dealer use toothpick to clean EACH SINGLE HOLE on a ferrari rear challenge grille? i do not focking think so.

16. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Ok, so just to clarify some things here. Yes, $750 is quite a bit of money to spend on a detail but you do get a different caliber of work with DD. I have never used DD (I live in NJ and I'm not about to drive all the way to LI for a detail), but I have seen their work, their shop, and their work ethic. The bottom line is that you do pay a premium for services at DD (even gas from what I hear), but you also get an elevated level of service.

Most of us can't justify such cost to clean our machines being that you can get a decent detail from $100-$400 any day of the week. The difference lies in the attention to detail, products used and hours spent on the job.

DD is a top notch shop and as a result you have to "pay to play". Is it too much money? Well, that can only be answered by their customers.

Oh and by the way, 98% of the time a dealer outsources their detailing work and makes between 100-150% profit on the job. For example, my local Land Rover Dealer charges $200 for a "full detail" and the shop that does the work bills them between $75-$100 for the job. Not a bad gig for the dealers huh?

17. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    i have nothing but great experiences working with matt and eddie at detailing dynamics. i have been a loyal and frequent customer of theirs for a while now.
    the rate they charge is based on the amount of work that is required (the condition of the car). their work is extremely through (taking off bumpers, headlights, spoilers, seats, etc) to get the job done.
    you get what you pay for, would you rather get a steak from dennys or one from lugers. if you want the best detailing job for your car, go to detailing dynamics.

18. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Chris,

Your right. Nobody does that. They removed my Ferrari badge on the back and removed all the old wax and re-waxed. Forget the q-tips! They are the best. Fanatics! Dealer can't match it. I just got my wifes Denali detailed for $125.00. Its not the same detail. Was mine worth $750.00? I don't like to bash them. They are nice guys with a great reputation and do superb work.

19. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    Damn, I am saving a FURTUNE by doin gmy own detailing. On Sunday I spent three hours on my wife's hood alone. Started by washing and drying the whole car. Then the hood; Clay bar, polish, glaze, wax.

The hood was water stainged and had some scratching. Not entirely satisfied with the result actually. I think I needed to use a more agressive pad with the polish, but you can only see the problem in the most direct sunlight, and only at a specific angle, and only very close up.

Next weekend: the roof! :)

20. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris

everyone wants a luper steak but at denny's price.
    dat b the focking problem.

21. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just the outside. Not the inside. Not the engine. It looked amazing though. Ask anyone who went to ROE this year. My car was done that week. It really looked new.

22. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Note to self... resume my old detailing gig, catering to lazy f chatters.

23. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Wait a minute...$750 for exterior only? Ok, now you have my attention...

24. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Full Name:
    John
    DD can charge whatever they want as long as people are willing to pay for it. I actually have seen their work and it is amazing. So JC, you don't need to defend them on their work.

25. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.