WHO IS GOING TO THE HISTORICS RACING AT PIR | FerrariChat

WHO IS GOING TO THE HISTORICS RACING AT PIR

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Lemke, Jul 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    This is the second thread I've started on this subject but the first one went bust (almost no one posted) so hopefully this one will go boom (sorry for the bad joke).

Anyways on Friday and Sunday I am going to be there when it starts and I'm not leaving until it ends that night, whenever that is. I dont have a digital camera so I cant post pictures of anything (they would be crappy pictures anyway so I'm not sure you would want to see them), but I cant wait to go because this is the first time I've ever been to anything like this.

So who all is going to the event and what cars are you bringing, if any. It would be nice to meet some of you guys because I haven't yet and it would be nice to put faces to the names.

But anyways please post so I dont feel stupid and I will hopefully see ya there.

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'm going, but I'm not sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday. As for which car, I haven't decided yet.

3. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I would like to go, but neglected to get registered so prob. won't. I don't think Ray is on f-chat as I got no repsonse to me earlier question about openings at the car corral.

From what I have heard it is a great event!

PS. is anyone going to the Forest Grove Concourse de Elegance on the 17th. I have entered for judgeing and noticed they gave me number 2 so must be at least one other.

4. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    I'll be there. If you can't get in the corral you can still get inside if your driving your Ferrari(so I was told), and park fairly close. I may be over there all 3 days in the Dino. It would be great to meet people who post here for sure.

Kurt

There is nothing like a Ferrari, there never has been and never will be!

5. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    #5 donv, Jul 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    #6 dinogt4guy, Jul 9, 2005
    Well I have to say I had a great time. The weather held out for us. The Fred Meyer food and wine pavilion was a great deal. Some pretty good racing out on the track to watch. And of course the (few) Ferrari's and thier drivers who showed up were great. The one parade lap we got to run was a blast.Too bad it was only one. :( Hope the weather holds out for tomorrow too! I'll try to post some pic's. Havn't exactily perfected this yet, hope they come thru.

Kurt

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Nice pictures dinogt4guy. Sorry I left early but I had to help a friend move from one apartment to another. But I will be there tomrrow all day long so I hope to meet more of you!

Oh I almost forgot. Did anyone see the Daytona. It was under the same tent as the Panamericana Mercedes. It was great. It was the first Daytona I've seen ever!

8. rloewy

rloewy Karting

Aug 4, 2004
  9. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
  10. rloewy

rloewy Karting

Aug 4, 2004
    Looking at your profile - I can guess which one... she is a looker, for sure. (I have to admit that this is the first time I have seen - or at least noticed - one in real life). Very very nice.

11. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    #12 dinogt4guy, Jul 11, 2005
    Just a few more pic's I took sunday. Wish more would have shown up. The clouds looked bad both days, but all in all not too bad. Think they got considerable more rain on the C.B. run. Say... any one know who drove the Mondial 3.2 on Sat.? Didn't get to meet them. Also the GTS who showed up on Sun.? Anyone? Missed them too. Was down at the chicane watching the meyhem. All were gone by the time I got back to the Dino. :(

Kurt

12. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I don't know who owned the Mondial, but it sure was a nice one!

I will have to recalibrate my spotting now that I know there are two 3.2 Mondial Cabs in Portland with Cultural Trust license plates. A neighbor of mine has one also, but this one wasn't his.