Giovannis 7/16 feature ferrari & Pantera | FerrariChat

Giovannis 7/16 feature ferrari & Pantera

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Brian Skeoch, Jul 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian Skeoch

Brian Skeoch Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    Guys, the next Giovanni gig will be next Saturday 7/16 from 5:00 ish to dark ish. Featured car this month is Ferrari and Pantera.

we will have more room this month to make sure all of the Ferrari guys have a great spot to park.

Bob, please tell the entire Pantera club guys to come so we have a big showing of Pantera's.

Giovanni's 3630 Peachtree Parkway, Suwanee GA 30024. 770-232-1122. if coming from Atlanta hop on 400 North to exit 13, make a right on exit 13 which is also highway 141 and or Peachtree Parkway. Go down about 5 miles and Giovanni's is on the right. If you go through Mcginnis Ferry Road you went too far. Giovanni's is in the Kohls shopping center so look for a big Kohls sign. Giovanni's is in that shopping center strip mall.

Great food, lots of pizza, lots of drinks, good friends and plenty O cool cars for us.

see you then.

Brian

2. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Sounds like fun... We'll try to be there...

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Here's one Ferrari that will be there.....

4. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I'll be there for sure!

5. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    I also posted on the pantera.net website......

6. Brian Skeoch

May 26, 2005
    Featured car this month is Ferrari and we have a dual feature, we are also including our Pantera friends. I spoke with a Pantera guy on Saturday at the Giovanni show and he is going to spread the word and get the Pantera guys to the Giovanni show.

Brian

7. Clark

Clark Karting

Feb 23, 2004
    Suwanee
    Full Name:
    Clark Driggers MD
    I will try and be there
    Clark

8. Brian Skeoch

May 26, 2005
    awesome Clark.

Brian

9. Brian Skeoch

May 26, 2005
    Dr Driggers, did you come to the last Giovanni event in your 360 ? I seem to only remember the silver 360 of Brian Willis.

if we can get a bunch of Ferrari, Lambo, Pantera , it will be great .

all of those Italian cars, at Giovanni's. I do believe we all need to take a nice drink O Vino Saturday to celebrate 1 year of Giovanni events.

last July, it was 4 cars. Me, a couple other Lotus cars and Stephane. Now, we have grown to over 40 cars at each event.

I guess, thats a tribute itself.

Lets do that, lets make a toast this Saturday and give ourselves a pat on the back for 1 full year of Giovanni events. Each one, better than the next.

Brian

10. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Brian........I think you may have spoken with Dick Koch over the weekend. (he has the red twin turbo Pantera). I sent him a email just-in-case, but looks like you got to him first.

(not sure I'll be there, I've got someone coming from Minnesota to buy the boat this weekend).

Bob

11. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Ferrari, feature marque, Brian? Well then, I guess that's just what I'll bring!!!!

Stephane Pedaggi
    Scaledetails

12. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Staphane, heard you've come back from the dark side!
    ;^)

JD

13. Brian Skeoch

May 26, 2005
    Reminder. Giovanni's is this Saturday from 5:00 ish, to dark ish.. Feature is Ferrari & Pantera.

we will drink a toast for celebrating 1 year of Gio events. should be fun. And, the weather man says the chance of rain for Saturday is deminishing every minute, so I am anticipating " epic " weather.

anyone else interested in the Gran AM race caravan from A town to B ham on 7/31 ? we have about 10 guys so far.

Brian

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Sorry I couldn't come, but distance and weather conspired against me. I had already gotten the camera ready and changed clothes when I looked at the weather radar.

At about 5:30 a rather noisy thunderstorm passed just north of Marietta and then proceeded right along the route I would have taken. Another storm approached the restaurant's location about 6:15; it split into two. One part moved just north of Giovanni's and I think the other one just clipped your area. I could have left here about 6:30 but decided it was too late to go that far.

Oh, well, I hope someone else took good photos. I hope to make next month's gathering, just as long as it's not on the 6th or the 27th!

15. Brian Skeoch

May 26, 2005
    we missed you Jim. we had about 90 % of the regular crowd, a couple newbies. still, considering the weather, we had a great showing.

I would say we had 33 cars tonight, we usually get 40, but this wasnt bad. the Ferrari cars out numbered everything else. we had 2 Aston Martins, a Delorean, many Ferrari, probably 15 Ferrari, a few Loti, a few Porsche's, a Citreon, a Diablo, a few Cobra's, and a few 60's mustangs.

it was a great show.

we will do it again next month.

Brian

16. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Brian.....sorry I could not make it, I've had to hang here waiting on my guy from Minnesota to get the boat. (I will say this. The "F" crowd seems to be one of the most devoted crowds I've ever seen).

Btw.........I saw (about 6pm-ish) a red 308 (forgive me, I'm taking F-Cars for dummies) head up my street. Never seen it around before. "could be a new owner in town?).........out here in Cumming.

Bob

17. Brian Skeoch

May 26, 2005
    thats okay, we will do another Pantera day soon. a red 308 was at Giovanni's. maybe he was on his way there.. hmm.

it is nice to see many exotics in Cumming, but they only seem to get togther at cool events.

speaking of that, whats going on for next weekend ?

7/31 is the drive to Barber for the Grand am gig, are you coming with the Pantera ??

Brian

18. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    You're fast Jeff, I just got home and don't know how to get the pictures re-sized from this new camera. I guess I'll work on it tomorrow.

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Oy, vey, I'm seeing red!! :D

Since I wrote my last reply, we've had two more t-storms pass thru Marietta, so I think I made the right choice. I passed the time away by watching the movie about Enzo Ferrari's life. Very interesting......

BTW, I checked on Mapquest and the trip from here to Giovanni's is 50 miles roundtrip. Does anyone else travel that far to get there?

20. lizard1

lizard1 Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    West TX
    Full Name:
    Frank
    i was going to sneak up there but the weather forecast hindered those thoughts... hopefully some of these folks will be out for the drive next weekend :)

21. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    50 miles each way for me.

22. Spectre

Spectre Karting

Apr 1, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Great show! I'll post pictures when I get the chance.

23. ziffen

ziffen Rookie

Oct 14, 2004
    Warner Robins, GA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    320 miles round trip for me, and worth every one to see the beautiful cars. All of the cars were stunning in person. I even talked my wife into letting me stop at FOA for the first time.