blown out - no AC, no heat | FerrariChat

blown out - no AC, no heat

Discussion in '308/328' started by yookdan, Jul 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yookdan

yookdan Rookie

Jan 14, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Robert Stevens
    My 348 stopped doing the heating / ac / clock function this afternoon - sounds like I need to replace the electronic console -

Anyone else experience this?

R

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Check your 20A fuse under the front bonnet carpet.

3. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    The fuse daniel is talking about is called the 'hidden fuse'. It is located under the carpet in the front trunk on the passenger side near windshield. If you do a search, you will find threads about the 'hidden 348 fuse'. Most likely this is blown, just pop a new 20a fuse in you'll be good to go.

4. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    why would it blow in the first place? shouldnt that be looked after?

5. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Darron, that's a good question and there isn't really a good answer. But the problem appears to be that circuit draws too much power and melts the fuse holder, sometimes blowing the fuse, sometimes not. On my car, the fuse didn't BLOW, it melted. I put in another fuse (same amperage) 5 years ago, and it's still working. It is considered advisable to replace the fuse holder with an upgraded version, ala the type used for stereo amplifiers. There is more than one good pictorial thread on this in the archives.

If the entire readout on the climate control unit is dead, there is a good chance that this is the problem.

6. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
  7. yookdan

yookdan Rookie

Jan 14, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Robert Stevens
  8. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    The old HIDDEN FUSE! Aren't these cars great!

9. yookdan

yookdan Rookie

Jan 14, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Robert Stevens
    It is (if you look at the picture on that link) a small device attached to the side of the relay's - I am not sure if this is a Speciale thing or the past owner had an upgraded device installed on the car -

Thanks all for your help - this was a frustrating experience (98 degrees, no AC and MILES to get home) but the repair was painless and rather satisfying.

Thanks again folks!!

Rob