Ferrari 348 colours.... | FerrariChat

Ferrari 348 colours....

Discussion in '348/355' started by Benzino, Jul 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Benzino

Benzino Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Hi i am from the UK and about to buy a 348.......the thing is i liked a silver one i looked at more than a red one!!!!!!

From a resale point is this a BAD move?????

Any other silver 348 owners on here...pics please :D

2. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    silver will normally not command the price that a comparable red 348 will. Expect about 2-3K less on price. However, your love for the car will not compare as well if you do not buy the colour you TRULY desire. With that said, get the silver and don't think twice...If 2-3K is going to make a huge difference down the road, then don't buy a Ferrari....they are not investments, they are dream makers....Don't let resale make your decision, let your feelings do that. Ferrari is about a passion for driving.

3. yorkshirelad

yorkshirelad Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2005
    bradford
    Full Name:
    ian
    I'm just buying my first 348, and i'm going with 're-sale red' after looking at a blue one! when I want to upgrade i want it quick, not hanging around for a year until the 'right' person comes along.

4. chrisx666

chrisx666 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    YorkshireUK
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    Bradford eh Ian? Just a few miles up the road from me..

5. yorkshirelad

Jul 1, 2005
    bradford
    Full Name:
    ian
    Where are you Chriss? where in Queensbury, should be going to our first meeting next week at Ledsham

6. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Interior colors greatly impact sale times, perhaps even prices. Red/Black will stay on the market far longer than red/tan, for instance (tan seats don't get as hot in the sun and don't show wear quite as fast as the black seats).

That being said, buy what you *want* to fulfill your dream; if you want investments, this is not the place.

7. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Yes, but bear in mind that we're in the UK, we don't have much problem with the sun over here! :D

In answer to the question - yes, silver will take longer to sell. There is one up in Yorkshire that a friend of mine went to see a few weeks ago, but it wasn't quite right (PM me if this is the one you are looking at) and it has been for sale for a while.

Having said that, it depends a lot on condition as well. A great silver one will always sell better than a ropey red one.

As far as I can figure, the preferrence for 348 colours seems to go something like:
    1 - red
    2 - yellow and black
    3 - blue and silver
    4 - green and white and any other (only ever seen one green and one white one)

Whereabouts in UK are you? It is encouraging seeing all these people looking to buy 348s... maybe I should keep mine a while longer after all :D

8. chrisx666

chrisx666 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    YorkshireUK
    Full Name:
    Chris B

Halifax. Small world and all that.. Have you chosen a car then??

9. yorkshirelad

Jul 1, 2005
    bradford
    Full Name:
    ian
    Chriss

small world or what? we eat out every thursday somewhere in halifax/sowerby bridge/king cross

looks like we've found one,a 348ts 92' in Manchester, going back for a second look on saturday, had a look at a blue one but it was not for us.
    are you going to the meet next thursday at ledsham?

10. Benzino

Benzino Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Hi...........i just thought fook it...and going for silver if in good enuff condition,here in the UK silver is the most popular colour now...so with its looks i should blend in NOT!!!Maybe an owner by Sunday :D

11. yorkshirelad

Jul 1, 2005
    bradford
    Full Name:
    ian
    silver looks good with gray interior!

12. Benzino

Benzino Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Phil
    This one has Magnolia trim and black dash top half....looks nice...if it had had black seats i'd have not been interested!

13. yorkshirelad

Jul 1, 2005
    bradford
    Full Name:
    ian
    Once saw a pink Countach.......eeeeuugh

14. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name: