Anyone watch Top Gear last night? INSANE! | FerrariChat

Anyone watch Top Gear last night? INSANE!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Jul 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I caught this show in time to watch a crazy driver race a Subaru (ish) type of car on a one mile streatch of icy road to beat a 4-man bobsled on a two mile track. This was nuts. The guy power slid at 60+ miles an hour on every turn! I could not believe when he came out of a turn and went through an underpass at about 65 with about three feet on each side of his car!

2. sampson

sampson Karting

Dec 22, 2004
    near Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I saw it too. Amazing show! I now know what I was missing here in the states. I guess you didn't see the DB9 part, really entertaining segment. Gonna have to watch it every week now.

3. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I turned on the TV right as it started, I loved the bit about the 911 GT3, seeing those cars worked is just awsome, I couldnt imagine that being my everyday job!

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That's one of my favorite races. The Mitsu rally car vs. the Norwegian bobsled team. The Matrix music was pretty cool, too, with the right timing.

5. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I caught it - interesting show, but I dont like how those guys seem to slam anything that's not either British or a select few other models they seem to adore.

6. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    The shows on now are from last season. I've got just about all the episodes downloaded. I love the show. They don't show certain parts of the show over here. They have a part with a famous guest and they time them around their track in a cheap car. There is also a news section that I like.

They drive the types of cars I like, I get to see cars that aren't over here and they feel the same as I about cars with cheap interiors. lol That is my biggest complaint with most american cars.

The DB9 race was great and there is one with a 612 vs. James and Richard in an airplane. The season out right now in the UK has a race with a SLR vs. a big cruise ship from Britain to Norway.

7. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I was really looking forward to watching their "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" segment over here in America but I guess that got lost on the way over the Atlantic. From what Ive read and seen on the top gear website there were some pretty funny moments in that segment throughout the seasons. Apparently a few stars were so slow around the track that Clarkson brought a blind guy to lap the track quicker than the slowest few people :)

8. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    There was one guy that had a really slow time. A newly blinded soldier wrote in saying he could beat the time so they brought him on. Jeremy talked him around the track; he did pretty good.

These are the celeb lap times
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/star_laps/

The blind man is listed as "blind man" on the show so I don't know if he is on the list under his name.

9. theboogers

theboogers Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    maryland
    Full Name:
    steve hannon
    what channel is showing top gear? thanks

10. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Discovery.

Wed. night at 9 central time. They replay it another day but I don't know when.