Ferrari Show Sarasota July 9th | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Show Sarasota July 9th

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Sloan83qv, Jun 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Z1Doctor

Z1Doctor Karting

May 26, 2005
    On the Water
    Full Name:
    CatchMe
    If it looks good in the morning I will be there....

2. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Pending weather I will be there as well......

-Ben

3. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Too bad about this - I actually might have ventured out in public for once to meet some of you freaks. ;) It's a rare weekend I'm in town like this.

My guess is, with the way it is now (@ 1 am), tomorrow's off. Doesn't look to good out my window right now.

RMX

4. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    5:00AM here in Ft. Lauderdale and we're getting pounded with heavy rain and wind.

The storm is heading towards Sarasota so that area will not be left unscathed.

Given the size of Dennis, the practical thing they should have done was postpone the show. Today looks like a wash out throughout the state.

BHW

5. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    The call to cancel (postpone was not an option) was only one that the Ringling Museum could make as the Festival was their event. They asked me not to cancel but to leave the option open to those that wished to come which looks like now will only be ducks.

To all those that were expected from across the state hopefully we will try again next year.

Stay Safe

Paul

6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    What a shame.

I'm waiting to find out if the Lexus/Toyota show in Delrey is on or not.

Looks like its going to be a good day to stay in.

BHW

7. Tampa328

Tampa328 Karting

May 10, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Randy Stribling
    Paul, you did a masterful effort to talk it up and probably would have had a great turn out at the event with better weather. Hmm, Hummers like wet, soggy weather but alas, they are not italian.

Sorry, Randy

I will definitely put it on my calendar for next year.

8. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    It was good to sleep in, but sad to not take the Lambo to a good show. Next year Paul!

-Ben

9. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    I must say that I was surprised that 8 cars showed up and stayed, while I had to go just in case someone showed up (on a day like this bed was a 1st choice) and guess what they showed up: 1 Alfa Montreal, 1 Fiat X1/9, 1 Lambo and 5 Ferrari's.

To those that showed up: Thank you and what the heck were you thinking! :)

To those that did not: I completely understand and I too would have stayed home but do to the nuts above I had no choice.

Next year will be great!

Thanks everyone for the support and lets hope that those north of us stay safe and that Dennis Dies in the Gulf.

Paul

10. 84Pinin

84Pinin Rookie

Oct 1, 2003
    Hollywood, FL
    Full Name:
    Evan J Statman
    Next year Paul we will have a great turnout for this event. We will really talk it up!

I was totally suprised to hear from Alan and you that there were even that many cars. I think Alan is still looking for that Spider that he spotted at the enterance to the grounds but never made it to the field.

Take care and stay dry.

Evan

11. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    It's a shame the event was not postponed but sounds like Ringling was fairly locked into the date, otherwise Martin and I were really looking forward to making the trip up.

I opted to check out the Lexus/Toyota show in Boca Raton which was quite well attended and a guy even came down from Atlanta to take part.

BHW

12. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    The spider did make it I just left him off my list above.

Paul