Le Mans Classic 2006 | FerrariChat

Le Mans Classic 2006

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by mawu, Jul 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mawu

mawu Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Hi guys,

did anyone participate at the Le Mans Classic 2004?

Don't misunderstand it, I don't mean the event at the regular 24 hours. It's a special event every two years, where people can drive their classic cars on the big track "Circuit de la Sarthe" for 24 hours - but only for about 1,5 hours a time. The field is devided in several groups which start one after another for the whole 24 hours.

http://www.lemansclassic.com/2004/

Greetings, Martin

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Hopefully we ll be there in 06 .

3. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    I was there in July 2004 from Friday to Sunday. It's an amazing event.

The first 3 or 4 grids did a Le Mans-start, which is fabulous to watch. I very well remember the Le Mans start of Grid 1 (cars of the 20's-30's). I believe 5 cars could not start, and the marchals started to push every car that didn't left the starting grid. When a car started, the crawd started to applause. There really was a amazing atmosphere.
    On the night from Saturday to Sunday I only sleeped 3 hours in our car. It was just amazing to see the cars driving around the circuit at night although it was pretty cold during the night. But the days were so hot.

It's a must-do for every car fan. Many old Ferrari's (250LM, SWB's,...), a Porsche club parking for about 700 cars (and it was filled for more that 90 % on Sunday), Aston Martin's,....

I hopefully will be there next year again.

4. Shadoko

Shadoko Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    Le Mans, France
    Hi, I am living here in Le Mans and I can tell you this is a must if you like all cars ! Actually the show is on the circuit but also in the town and around on the road. A lot of things to see for a long week-end. I’ll be there for sure.