Out back bash for 2006 | FerrariChat

Out back bash for 2006

Discussion in 'Australia' started by phatdiablo, Jul 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. phatdiablo

phatdiablo Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    I know this years inaugural event hasn’t even begun yet, but Im so annoyed that I cant attend I figure why not get the ball rolling for 2006.

My suggestion is a run Adelaide to Melbourne along the Great Ocean Rd…would be a lot of fun and great photo opportunities plenty of great places to stay and lots to see.

Should be great event for 2006 and after this year’s event getting noticed hopefully next year will be bigger and better.

We can call it the """12 Exotics Run""".

Cheers
    -Pete

2. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    pete , let me get over the 10k + price tag i will be spending this year before we look at 06. you need to be aware that travelling 1000's of miles away from home isn't cheap or easy and while the idea is great adel to melb , for us guys in the sunshine state , it's not that simple. meeting in the middle is the farest option for all as all bar a couple will need to travel and share some pain.

rock on

3. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Does this mean you only expect 8 cars to attend?

4. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    holy crap :eek: :D

adel-melb isn't exactly an outback bash, more a cruise between roadtrains. a big part of the appeal of having a tarmac god in the NT is that you can use it and test it's limits if you want, plus just have some adventures in something nicer than a corolla.

guess we'll see just how good an outcome we get from this Alice trek, hoping it might inspire more oz-wide events.

5. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I did Ade-Melb in my 308 after the 2003 FCA rally - Ade to the border is boring as bat-**** (sorry, Adelaideans) but the Great Ocean Road made it all worthwhile but make sure it's not a weekend or you'll go nuts with dads in their Camrys (not to mention Victorian drivers generally who don't know how to use turnouts on mountain roads). I'll go now I've managed to offend people from 2 states!

6. phatdiablo

phatdiablo Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    Alright we compromise and go brisbane > goldcoast ending in Airlie Beach...would be fun to have a party on a yacht in the whitsundays. we just need some bikini's to atend...

Cheers
    -Pete