Who makes protective tapes now | FerrariChat

Who makes protective tapes now

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by garysp7, Aug 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. garysp7

garysp7 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I used to use 3-M Helicopter tape to protect the front end of my cars. Now The only problem was the sheets were not very wide.
    Now I see that cars have the front end taped all in one piece.
    I saw a company called Armourcoat who makes complete tape kits for Ferraris. I think I heard a dealer say they use a company called Invisiguard or something like that. Does anyone know the other companies making a good die cut tape set for Ferraris?

2. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    There are plenty of companies that offer this service - e.g., armourfend, autobahnd, etc. They all use the same 3M film - the difference is in the proprietary patterns they use (ever try applying a 2 dimensional sticker to a 3 dimensional surface?). The actual application is by a franchisee, or by an underpaid employee of the franchisee. :)

Shop around - e.g., check out which brand your local F shop uses. I have the Autobahnd on my 355, and I love it, though I wish it did cover more leading edges.

vty,

--Dennis

3. Paintshield

Paintshield Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2004
    Grantham UK
    Full Name:
    Tom Wakeford
  4. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Can you easily take this stuff off, reapplying later?
    I would want it for 150 mile road trips to track events, tracking, then back home.

5. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Yes, you can easily take it off, but no, you can't reapply the same piece later.