360 spider with "extras" or Gallardo coupe | FerrariChat

360 spider with "extras" or Gallardo coupe

Discussion in '360/430' started by GI Jnr, Jul 11, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GI Jnr

GI Jnr Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Bristol
    Full Name:
    Tuan Le
    Been thinking and would like to have the collective thoughts of the “FChat Massif!” Can’t make up my mind as I love them both.

Amongst other ideas, I have a dilemma that I’m unsure about. 360 Spider v’s Gallardo Coupe. Do I keep the 360 and add a few choice mods, or “upgrade” (or not as some may see it) to a Gallardo coupe.

I an tinkling with this as the cost to change will probably be minimal (minus the cost of a Tubi for the G-Car!)

If I kept the 360, I’d almost definitely fit a new ECU, as I’ve got the full Tubi set up already (an extra 48 BHP apparently…) and maybe fit a set of bigger blingin wheels (I can’t seem to shake the rapper in me…!) and add a sav nav head unit.

G Car: More power, newer car, don’t suffer from the “Ferrari Rich Tw@t” comments I sometimes get, but have a hardtop.

360: Top down fun (the car only tend to get driven when the sun’s out)… and is a bit cheaper to keep.

This would mean, it would free up some moolah to get something nice to use daily, such as an M5, 530d, Brabus D4 etc etc…

The other options I have involve a Murcielago Roadster or a Gallardo Spider and a big bag of skintness!

Comments welcomed.

Tuan

2. Father and Son Team

Jul 4, 2005
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    360 all the way ! Pimp it out so much that P Diddy would be jealous lol

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Keep the F . Maybe a F430 Spider ?

4. GI Jnr

GI Jnr Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Bristol
    Full Name:
    Tuan Le
    Performance aside, I think it looks too similar to the 360 to convince me to change...

I'm lucky in that if it's outright performance I crave, I've got a Ducati 999 & a Murci to play with.

Tuan

5. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    GALLLLLLLARDO! better performance, if u want get the spider. the 360 wont give u 48HP, no way, no how. Any performance mod on that engine imo will give u no noticeable change!

6. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Tuan, I just have to ask, what is a bag of skintness?

If I had a murci, I would for sure want the other car to be a roadster.

7. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    LOL. Was wondering the same thing!! And yes, with a Murci in the stable, you won't drive the G coupe much , so go for the open air car.

8. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    'skintness' Brit slang for havin' no dough, being broke, busted, without funds...you get the picture.

9. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Ferrari!!!

10. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    360 Spiders are a dime a dozen around here! Everyone and his brother has a red/tan F1 with less than 3000 miles on it.

Time to enjoy a Gallardo!

11. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    For some reason the Gallardo just leaves me cold. It's a deeply impressive machine, but lacks the soul of a Ferrari. And it's not that I've got a problem with Lambos, I love the Murcielago, it's got soul aplenty!

The 430 is proper loverly, and if your bag of skint isn't big enough I can lend you a pot to p1ss in. ;)

12. GI Jnr

GI Jnr Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Bristol
    Full Name:
    Tuan Le
    My bad, I forgot I was chatting to folks over the "pond". Yeah, as posted already, I'd be a bit broke...

Would opinions change if I clarified that I'm probably going to let the Murci go? I love the car to bits, but the running costs of it are stopping me from enjoying other things in my life, and I’m coming round to the thought that having both cars is a little extravagant.

From a cost point of view, it'd be the cheapest to keep the 360, but I sacrifice the grunt of the Lambo. I was thinking that the Gallardo would be something inbetween.

Thanks for the comments so far, though the decision is still no easier…
    Tuan

13. Tony Liokossis

Tony Liokossis Karting

Nov 12, 2004
    Holy crap, "do I let the Murci go and then keep the 360, or do I get a Gallardo...hmmmm!" - we've all got our problems to grapple with, I guess - LOL!

14. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    Yes, but then have to put up with "Lamborghini Rich Tw@t" comments.

Ken

15. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    How about a Diablo roadster, then you have grunt, only need one car and won't be looking into Mr Skint's flinty glare!

16. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    #17 6.0 se, Jul 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I second that motion!! And don't worry about the warranty stuff, nothing goes wrong with these cars. However, a nice Diablo Roadster costs more than a G coupe.

If you don't like that idea, and the Murci is going, get the G coupe.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Benzino

Benzino Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Phil
    GI JNR....reference rich **** syndrome...dont buy a RED Ferarri then!!!!!(Assuming it is RED)

Infact if it is i am ashamed as a fellow rapper :D i went Silver...as no "real" G has red ;)

18. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Not even close. Gallardo.

Performance. Looks. Exclusivity. Torque. Etc. Etc.