Flying Helmets | FerrariChat

Flying Helmets

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Izza, Jul 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    As many of you know I kept my carefully groomed locks in place whilst driving my 360 spider via the use of a rubber flying helmet.

The downside of such a fashion statement is my head stunk like a condom after a long drive.

I recently missed the FOC concours but was told that one of the apparel retailers there was selling tan leather helmets with the Ferrari horse embossed in the leather.

Can anyone help tell me which retailer this was and where they can be contacted?

2. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    These look good Izza:D

http://www.flyingjacket.com/access.htm

3. S11eps

S11eps Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Shepherd
    Can't help you with your 'helmet issue', but I just wanted to say I found that a genuinely amusing post. Comedy genius.

4. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    No embossed horse though!

Although, via Steart's generosity I was able to sport the rubber helmet in Audi's pit longe at Le Mans. Given Audi UK were not there this year the lounge had a predominant Germanic populus - their lack of any collective sense of humour was concerning. It may be a bit too close to the wind to wear the Ferrari badged one next year thereby rubbing in the 2 - 0 WW scoreline and reminding them of their best allies.

5. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

hey mate peter or suzzanne at the owners club would be able to tell you, ebay always have a few plain ones too

6. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    My mistake - forgot to say I have emailed the FOC - no reply.

Will check ebay.

Ta

7. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    I do apologise Ian for hijacking the thread, but your last post reminded me of our recent adventure, seeking the elusive mulsanne whilst sporting copious amounts of vin rouge.
    We "emerged" at our Holy Grail at the side of a house, the residents duly enjoying quite a party.
    We sneaked over the ditch and within five yards to the left, we were enjoying the hospitality of two young couples, outside their friends' front gate.
    Within five minutes the gestapo arrived and instructed "everyone behind ze gate" .... we gave a shrug of the shoulder and filed in through the gate .... "ah ah, no english in here sorry" was the response from the revellers.
    We were stranded and forced to surrender to the gestapo.
    But as we were being led away, I turned to our friends francais, and shouted "Different f**king story in 1944 !"

8. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Try to be fair always - Suzanne at FOC has now emailed me a number. I will see what progress I can make but if anyone knows for certain who it was please reply.

9. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    Izza - you have e-mail

Regards

Malcolm

10. jimmy b

jimmy b Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    On a plane
    Full Name:
    James
    Ian,

What can i say? You are a complete flying helmet. Given that you have less hair than a Brazilian professional fluffer, why do you not just adopt the "Burberry baseball hat over down over the eyebrows" look, so popular with other skinhead chavs in your part of London (along with posh & becks) ?

J.

P.S. They don't do ones with a Bentley logo on the front and matching flying goggles, do they ?