My turn ***** Speeding Ticket ****** | FerrariChat

My turn ***** Speeding Ticket ******

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by LetsJet, Jul 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    You know I drive like a grandma now, so when I saw the lights behind me I was thinking "no way". In fact, I got this ticket back in May (I think) and since I didn't get a court date, I thought maybe the officer reviewed his evidence and decided not to submit it........ OK, I know I was dreaming.

Yep, today in the mail, they would like (expect /demand) my appearance to defend Charge TA21801.1 Driving Veh. on Hwy at speed exceeding limit. Now, I've got to say, if I was blowing doors off and deserved this, I'd be keeping this whole matter to myself and just cough up the mullah. But, this was the DC beltway in PG Co. and everyone was moving at the same pace. I think he saw red and thought he deserves to drive slower. So the officer says I was going x, and charged me w/x.... not 1 mph lower. He says he has it on video or that is how I understood him. I would like to see this evidence. Also, is there a way to get traffic flow speeds for that day? I think everyone on the Hwy should have been pulled over.

Anyone want to give this humble Fchater some assistance / advise / name of a good attorney in this county?

Anyone think this is happening a bit more often or am I just noticing it more on Fchat?

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i say it everytime i see one of these threads...

...PLEAD NOT GUILTY...!!! Don't admit to anything, plead not guilty and fight the ticket...!

3. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
  4. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    Eric,

Sorry to hear about this. Not to pi$$ on your hopes but I tried to fight a ticket back in 1997; 33 in a 25. I thought I had a good chance when the judge dismissed a "fail to stop" ticket; it was a he-said/he-said and there was no evidence to dispute either claim. However, I tried to get clever with my case (long story). The bottom line was the fact that the officer got me (or claimed to have) with a detector. I couldn't when the "I said/detector said" fight. I lossed but it was a valiant effort.

Dane

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Eric, send me a PM --I'll give you my phone number and we can talk about this. I know people in certain places they may be of assistance--wink-wink

6. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Wow, that's chickenshlt. I'd have to say you were an easy target for "the man." Oh well, use some of the connections here and skate ;)

7. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    oh boy eric, the fine is pretty hefty out there, im guessing you ll get 2-5 hard labor= your gonna get as$ raped. better call jackie childs.

8. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.

Actually more likely PBJ.........

I know, you just wanted to bring the avatar to my thread, right...that's it, in case I have to spend a few more hours in the "medium house"

9. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Need two avatars to even it all out.

hope 285 is able to help ya!

10. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    You guys are all right.........

11. lwpat

lwpat Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    A lot depends on how fast you were going and your current MVR. Reductions are common if you appear in court or take traffic school prior to court. For traffic school you need to contact the clerk to see if it will help and receive approval. Here is some info from the Maryland DOT.

"Maryland law limits the extent to which speed limits may be raised or lowered. The most notable restrictions are those that prohibit any speed limit greater than 65 mph and any limit above 55 mph
    anywhere except on Interstate highways or other expressways.

Those who drive much faster or slower than most of the drivers around them place themselves and others at considerable risk of a collision. When the posted limit is reasonable, enforcement can be targeted
    to the relatively small percentage that exceeds the speed limit."

Maryland does do traffic studies. If you really want to fight the ticket then do a FOI for the study.

12. Spamking

Spamking Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 16, 2005

Very nice avatar there john . . . very nice.

13. Spamking

Spamking Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 16, 2005

Yours ain't bad either redhead . . . I think I need a moment to myself.

14. dizztro

dizztro Karting

Jun 28, 2004
    Fresno
    Even if you plead not guilty, you still have to pay the fine then reschedule another apointment at the court to fight the case. If you win you get your money back. Might be different for residents outside of California, but thats how it works here.