Road angel 2 | FerrariChat

Road angel 2

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by SKOOPS_UK, Jul 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SKOOPS_UK

SKOOPS_UK Karting

Feb 6, 2004
    Just bought the latest road angel 2 GPS device. Has anyone got any experience of fixing this to the 360M interior. It sounds simple but im sure there will be issues. Also, runinng unsightly lead from cigarette lighter to windscreen - any ideas to neaten up. Generally has anyone got any experience of this device?

2. OmegaSteve

OmegaSteve Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve

Ive had my RA2 hardwired to my 348, works and sits fine

3. SKOOPS_UK

SKOOPS_UK Karting

Feb 6, 2004
    Thanks Steve: When u say hard wired do you mean a direct connection to thebattery? e.g not via the cigarette lighter. Do thyy supply instructions for that? is it a DIY job.

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I have RA2 as well. I fit it to far right of me as i had a prob with getting sat. signal when it was placed in centre of dash. The unit still seems to take far too long to aquire a sat signal, especially if i haven't used it for a while,.

5. Lamb360

Lamb360 Karting

Apr 21, 2005
    London/Herts
    Never had any problems with mine...........always picks up the satelite within minutes of driving........suppose it depends on the area your in..........

I ended up buying 2 as i could not be arsed to move it from car to car except thats what i've ended up doing!!..........

Gonna sell my second unit if anyone's interested...........£300.......boxed, ready to go!

Any takers???

6. OmegaSteve

OmegaSteve Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes, it has a direct connection to the battery with the wires hidden behind the dash trim. All that is visible is the connection in the position where you require the RA to sit.

7. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Had my RA2 for a year now and it's a great tool but there is a feature on other GPS systems that means that the alarm only goes off if you driving over the speed limit in that area - I've not found a way that RA2 can do that.

No problems getting a signal in the Ferrari or M3 but can't get it in the missus 307.

Rick