HERE ARE THE PICS OF MY 348!! | FerrariChat

HERE ARE THE PICS OF MY 348!!

Discussion in '348/355' started by PassionIsFerrari, Jul 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    #1 PassionIsFerrari, Jul 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ok...Quite a few people have asked to see pics of the machine so I finally got a chance to take some and put them up here...I'll put the before pic first and the AFTER pics later...
    PURISTS LOOK AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! FAIR WARNING HAS BEEN GIVEN!

It is a 91' 348TS.

The 360 wheels were a direct bolt on.

The Carbon Fiber dash was purchased by Valence USA (Ferrarichat sponsor)

The Stainless Shift Knob and Pedals (pedals not installed yet) were purchased by Ricambi America (thanks Daniel, you rock) (Ferrarichat sponsor)

The tires are 275/35/18 rears and 225/40/18 fronts (rears were a -1.8% change from stock and fronts were a -1.5% change from stock....a small enough difference not to effect anything) Pirelli P-zeros

Used twisty ties and rubber band to secure front horsie

Paint was Spies Hecker...Paint code... Fer 102 ....Giallo Modena

Momo Tuner Race wheel bolted on in place of stock wheel

All comments are welcome whether positive or negative....However, I love the car to death! Hope you will too....

BEWARNED! Last pic is a pic of my ugly ass grill sitting in my car as happy as can be not realizing how much better the car is going to look!!! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Very nice. Lets see some inside shots.

3. Animate

Animate Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    BC,Canada
    Great job!

I'm curious, how do the 360 wheels make the car feel compared with the OEM 17's?

4. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    looks great ~ ! i love the 360 wheels too . especially on my speciale they are wide!!!!

5. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    My guage as you can tell needs to be screwed back in...it popped out when I was trying to clean the lense....Planning on replacing the mats too....a little worn at this point...

Car feels MUCH more stable with these wheels on them....At 100mph...it used to shake all over the place but now it just feels planted...

Oh yeah...I built a custom Valentine 1 into the car...the display is mounted in the radio cover and the unit is hidden...I'll take some pics and show you where the actual unit is hidden...

6. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    #7 PassionIsFerrari, Jul 14, 2005
    The Valentine 1 unit is mounted right above the seat belts behind the seats...it is under the sealt belt housing and shoots out the tinted glass in the front and the round tinted eye in the rear...

Radio is Sony MEX 1-HD....it has a 10 gig hard drive built into and you burn CDs straight from the unit to the hard drive...No need for a changer because this thing will store over 165 hours of music...just in the head unit alone....

I have a 15 kicker solobaric in the trunk and two amps running the whole deal...they are out of the car because I had to have trunk space when I evacuated from Hurricane Dennis...I will put it back in within the next couple of weeks when I get a chance...built the box myself to fit in the trunk...

7. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Color looks great, I'm just not wild about the wheels, but I don't care for that wheel much on the 360 that it was meant to be on , I really like where you mounted the V1 display . That just gave me a idea. :) The CF pieces look really good too.

8. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    great idea on the valentine mounting, i mounted mine on the windshield, never thought i vcould mount it that far back , does it hinder performance being back there?
    on the 15 sub.- does your hood vibrate? i tried a sub in the trunk. mine shook all over!id love to see pics of yours.

9. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    No shake whatsoever...I aimed toward the front of the car so that might have helped a little...Performance is great on the V1....I tracked it from one of those speed set-ups that tell you your speed and it picked up from 4.2 miles away....KA of course...i was very impressed....

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Looks sharp!

Congrats!

11. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Nice! You need to show that machine off at the Barber P-250 event at the end of this month.

12. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Very nice man!

I dig the V1 install.

Color change looks great. I like white Fcars, but the Yellow is, uh, Super Fly! :)

13. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    how about laser, POP reading, thats a little more sensitive isnt it? id love to do mine that way- i wish we could get some tests ! (im scared it wouldnt work perfectly :)

14. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    Laser Readings are dead on and POP's are too...I've only gotten POP'ed like two or three times...but I have found no difference in readings when I was testing the unit before install (like a month) and after install.

15. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    I like it.

16. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The color is great and I think the 360 wheels work better on the 348 than on the 360. Plus on yours they don't stick out so much in the rear like on the later cars.

Enjoy it.

Q: is your horn button on the Momo right out of the stock steering wheel? Looking at option for my car.

Cheers
    Kevin

17. Animate

Animate Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    BC,Canada
    Didn't the later cars just have wheels with a different offset, or was the hub spacing different?

18. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    Hub spacing is the exact same...later cars just had a 25mm spacer with longer bolts...

Kevallino....the button is from the stock wheel...I removed it and put it on this wheel...You can pop them out and put them on any Momo wheels...

19. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    i think im going to have to use that idea for my valentine set up . its very nice! im tired of my visor hitting the detector when i remove my top...
    any more pics regarding that mod?

20. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    on my 94 they are wide as hell, but are still covered by the wheel well, it looks awesome ! drives great too . very comfortable at 150 . on a non public road of course :)

21. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    #22 PassionIsFerrari, Jul 15, 2005
    The only other pic I could take is of the control unit which is here....you would need...
    the main V1 unit
    the remote display
    and the volume control unit

The main v1 is glued under the seatbelt housing...you would have to cut out a strip of it to mount the tinted glass and then a small box (i did a circle) in the rear of it to allow the rear sensor to shoot out....I wired it under the carpet and through the center console with supplied V1 telephone wire....The remote display is wired in between the two pieces that make the radio cover, the vinyl part that shows is screwed in by 4 screws to the plastic flip part....it wires through the back and down through the center console.

22. sweetspotav

sweetspotav Karting

Nov 21, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    John Cawley
    VERY NICE! I HOPE TO SEE THE CAR IN PERSON NEXT WEEKEND!!!

23. Benzino

Benzino Karting

Jul 6, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Looking good....love the carbon surround..where in the UK could i get that????

Plus i didnt understand about your sound system...where can you put a sub woofer????What options for proper sounds???

24. PassionIsFerrari

Aug 15, 2004
    I'll have to take a pic of the box, but basically its a square 15" kicker solarbaric....the front of the trunk is only 13 or so inches high but the back is around 21....so I had to build the box in a square shape but I had to angle the top part of the box so that it was a lot lower in the front...the 15" fires perpendicular to the ground toward the rear of the car...I did NO MODIFICATIONS TO THE CAR....I just removed the rubber gromment on the top passenger side of the trunk to allow the air to flow into the cockpit of the car...I took the car to a professional car shop and they wanted to cut to port and i said 'no way'...they told me I wouldn't be able to feel the bass if I didnt...they were wrong....at 80+ mph I can feel the sub pounding in the cockpit if I so desire to listen to it that loud...bought the sub and amp from crutchfield...the amp is an off brand 'California' amp...but it is very very strong...I use an ADS digital amp (amazingly clear, comparable to Macintosh) for the cockpit speakers....Boston Acoustics components in the rear and ADS in the front with Polk Audio tweeters...sounds good enough for me...I will try to get some pics of it when I get a chance....