The sponsor swap ! | FerrariChat

The sponsor swap !

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ricambi America, Jul 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

[/flame suit ON] [/hint ON]

Here's the teaser for some exciting news that will be released on Monday:

Ricambi America is proud to offer full U.S. distribution of the products from a company that -used- to be a sponsor of Fchat, but has recently decided to focus it's efforts soley on the wholesale market and primarily in aviation, instead of direct-to-consumer.

The first shipment of inventory is due to arrive here in North Carolina by early next week. Ground transport only. Hint hint... wink wink.

Watch this space for more information.

[/flame suit OFF] [/hint OFF]

-Daniel

2. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Fellow F-chatters -

I'm pleased to announce that Ricambi America is now a distributor of H3R Halon fire extinguishers to our Ferrari community. As many of you know, Halon 1211 is the choice for fire suppression in a Ferrari.

Halon is a liquefied, compressed gas that stops the spread of fire by chemically disrupting combustion. Halon 1211 (a liquid streaming agent) leaves no residue and is remarkably safe for human exposure. Halon is most effective for flammable liquids and electrical fires (rated B:C) and is electrically non-conductive. Because it leaves no reside and is safe for your electrical components, extinguishing a fire in your Ferrari doesn't lead to years of electrical gremlins or difficult cleaning solutions. If you think an engine fire can be damaging, just imagine dousing the fire with the wrong suppressant!

For the past several months, we have turned to Ferrarichat sponsor H3R for these extinguishers. When I learned that H3R is exiting the direct-to-consumer market, I immediately feared this would be a loss to the Ferrari community. H3R is a wonderful company to work with, but their energies will soon be focused on building wholesale distribution in the automotive market for non-halon products.

Ricambi America will offer H3R's 1.25# and 2.5# chrome and red Halon 1211 extinguishers with the metal mounting bracket via our website. You can find our cylinders at www.ricambiamerica.com under the "Fire Suppression" category, or directly at www.ricambiamerica.com/index.php?cPath=627

The website doesn't calculate shipping just right -- these canisters will ONLY be shipped via FedEx ground. I will adjust shipping charges accordingly, but you can expect prices of about $10-$15 per cylinder throughout the U.S.

Drive safely. Be prepared.

-Daniel

3. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    For those already with extinguishers, what size are you running? 1.5lb or 2.5lb?

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

2.5 lb halon, on the firewall behind my right shoulder.

5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

HEY DANIEL. HOW ABOUT A WELCOME ABOARD TO RICAMBI SALE?!?!?!?!

A nifty little discount, or maybe a free hat or something, with every order through out the week, or weekend, or in the next 24 hours or whatever.

CAN YOU TELL I WANT TO PLACE AN ORDER?? REALLY LIKE THE CHROME ONE. It would look "SPARKY" replacing my boring old red one!!!

MAybe you could move the first batch out at "FIRE SALE" prices??

How about maybe just "SMOKING" the competition??

WADDA YA SAY???

DAVE M.

6. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Wow... tough audience.

What about including some nose-emblem stickers with every purchase so people can emblazon (pardon the pun) their extinguisher with a Ferrari logo?

-Daniel

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I carried the 1.5lb on a bracket in front of the passenger seat in my 328GTS, but now carry a 2.5lb in the trunk of my 355 spider.

Too be honest, I carried the 2.5lb in trunk of my 328GTS too...figuring I could use the 1.5lb to fight my way to the 2.5lb.... ;)

Personally, if my car caught on fire, I think I might prefer it burnt to the ground, rather than "save" it, and have it repaired. But the extinguisher could come in handy to help others.

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Yeah, insurance companies have unlimited resources, and don't need to make a profit. Let 'er burn! After all, that's what insurance is for, right? Wrong. You've got a responsibility to limit the amount of damage done to the vehicle, if it can be done safely.

9. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Yeah, and who the f*ck is going to argue if I get out of the car, and call the fire department? My first responsibility is to get away from the fire. I am NOT a professional firefighter, nor do I have any documented training in such things. I am NOT advocating ripping off the insurance company, I am just saying it may not be my preference to go to great lengths trying to save a car that is self-imolating....

10. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I agree, your first responsibility is to the safety of yourself and your passenger.

Dave, I wasn't trying to accuse you of ripping off your insurance company, I just was pointing out that as a property owner, you do have a secondary responsibility to keep more damage from occuring to your car, if you can do so in a reasonably safe manner. For instance, no way in hell would you be expected to go towards the car if the engine bay were engulfed in flame, but what if you smelled smoke, pulled over, and recognized that your fuse box was on fire? I'd think it was reasonable to use a fire extiguisher before the fire spread toward the fuel tank, causing a certain total loss.

Sort of the way you have a responsibility to lock your doors if it's parked outside, to prevent theft. It's all about taking reasonable steps to reduce the chances of a total loss.

I didn't intend for this to be a flame war (no pun intended.) :)

11. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Gotcha Dave. And yes, I do carry an extinguisher for others. I keep my cars in a very well maintained state, and have rarely ever had a breakdown. In fact, in my BMW (daily driver) I carry a huge duffle bag that includes the following: Two fire extiguishers, first aid kit (basic), trauma kit (major bleeding), road flares, warning triangles, rope, duct tape, jumper cables, two gallons water, 3 or 4 MRE's. Never needed any of it, (other than the jumper cables to help a few folks), but nice to know it is there. Just have to remember to toss the water and MRE's every year, and put in fresh.

Once those portable defibulators get below $1000, I'm getting one of those too!

Dave

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

THAT WORKS!!

Sign me up!!

Dave M.

13. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    You must be an Eagle Scout, I am too. Be Prepared!

I carry alot of that stuff in my daily driver as well... never thought about MRE's! :)

14. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I drive across a number of mountain passes in winter...you never know when one can get closed for several hours or more (Snoqualmie, Blewett, Stevens, White, Satus). Just gotta be prepared...just don't forget water, that is way more important than MRE's.