Putting Together Car Show w/ Musk. Air Fair (Blue Angels) | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Putting Together Car Show w/ Musk. Air Fair (Blue Angels)

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Jerrari, Dec 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Jerry,

Having a bunch of Ferraris is an awesome presence. But I really must give you some props for bringing in a car that will benefit needy children. I think your actions are great!!!

I hope you guys have one of the most memorable air/car shows.

RocketBoy

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just realized it is powered by a jet engine. I guess nobody is going to drive that sucker, but it will be simply rolled onto stage. Oh well. 0-60 in 3.7 btw. There was another Batmobile from the recent movies that was actually powered by a Chevy small block, however the real driver sits hidden in the front while Batman just pretends sitting in the back.

I believe this Batmobile was at last year's autoshow at Mc Cormick. I took some pics.

3. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    If I'm not mistaken, it is a Chevy engine in this one too and he does drive it. The jet engine is all fake. Jim told me it cost Warner Bros. over $1,000,000 to build it.

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  5. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA...BATMAN :)

6. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I called Jim and he said that there never was a jet engine in this but instead a small block Chevy with a propane tank built into the center of the car with lines that lead to the back of the car to shoot fire about 20' out the back. (he doesn't use this for liability purposes). The car is built on a Chevy Caprice chassis. There were 3 cars made for this movie. One was a prop car and the other 2 were identical (Jim has one of these). When you think about it, it would make no sense to have an ACTUAL jet engine with the modern camera work and special effects capabilities these days.

7. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Hey Andreas maybe you and Rocketboy can dress up as Batman and Robin.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  9. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Why me? Im not going to the show (waited too long to sign up,) nor would fit the bill of a super hero (too tall and would rather use an Kinights M4 Stoner rifle than a Bat-a-rang.) Maybe if you dressed up as the Joker? Naw. Skip as the Riddler? Maybe. Frank as the Penquin? Close, almost willing. But the only time you might get me to play dress up is if you make Adrianna Lima the person I have to track down. Is she going to be Catwoman? If so I would even go as Alfred. You guys can have the cars, I'll take the beautiful women... lessons learned from Bill and Darolls.

RocketBoy

10. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    LOL !

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I will go as 'Fatman'.....:)

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K.,the Ferry Trip,Air Show,Car Show is FINALLY drawing near! Now,who all do we have going from Chicago? I know that Dan had to Cancel. I am going for sure with my Son.

And,if there are still spots available-Both on the Ferry,and at the Show-is it too late for anyone else to join in?

13. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I don't have the list here at home but off memory, Halle, Chelle, Andreas, and Dave Bendl. I also need to know if all of you will be arriving on the 4:00 ferry please. I'm planning a short cruise through Grand Haven after you all check in to your hotels where we will stop by the channel and get a bite to eat at Kirby Grill, then head to the show. Everyone up for it?? Where ais everyone staying? I know Haley and Chelle are staying at Shoreline Inn, is anyone else staying there?

14. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Oh boy. Well, of anyone who will not make itl who may have not cancelled their room reservations yet let me know. I waited too long, it looks like everything is booked! LOL

I'll probably have to drive back to Grand Rapids or something to get a room or possibly stay with my sister in Kalamazoo in a pinch. D'OH!

:-/

15. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Call Shoreline Inn & Suites, they have a queen for $119 and a king for $129 (I just called them.) Their number is 866-727-8483. DON'T DELAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Did I say I didn't book a room? Er, I meant to say I'm staying at the Shoreline Inn and Suites! (Thanks Jerry!)

:)

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I think that we're all staying there. Cool,we can park the Cars all together....:)

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's really cool: The BBi is so much more of a target for a thief than the 308. I feel safe.
    :)

On a more serious note:
    Remember I bought 8 VIP tickets for the show. Those tickets give you free lunch and soda and a reserved lounge seat in front of the club house, basically the best location and most comfortable way to watch the show. I also have two VIP parking tickets, which I'm happy to give to some of the VIP buyers as we Ferrari drivers can't really use them anyway.

The VIP tickets are $40 per person, so let me know who is still in.

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,Frankie and I are Definitely still in...:)

Also,I do believe that this is Still open for anyone else that might want to go. Check with the Lake-Express Ferry,(www.lake-express.com) Not expensive at all. And I bet that there are still openings available. We are taking the 12:30PM Ferry on Friday,the 22nd. And,the 10:15AM Ferry back on Sunday the 24th.

And,the Shoreline Inn, in Muskegon,MI.,(1-866-727-8483) still has Rooms available. ($119.00 + Tax for a Queen. Just a few bucks more for a King) So,why not come along? You dont have to have a Ferrari.

20. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I just had Frank Yardi (the Tubi importer in Holland who has a 2000 360 Modena) and Joe Campanelli (with a 1977 308 GTB from the Detroit area) cancel on me over the weekend, so I have spots available in the show. The weather at this point says 94 degrees and mostly sunny for Friday and Saturday. I have a tent that will go over a section of our area at the show to get out of the sun.

21. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Hi Jerry,
    We can not make it for dinner on Friday (got to work) but what is going on after dinner? Everyone going back to hotel? To the Airport? Just drive around? Are you going to be home tonight, I will try to stop by again. Skip in GR

22. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    There is a "pre-flight" party at the airport that is a blast. They do a "mini air show" with lots of food, beer, kid's activities, etc. After the cruise, the plan is to drive to the airport for this. Yes, I will be home tonight.

23. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Does anyone have Bernard Berry's contact info? I have misplaced it. He said that he is coming w/ his 308 but I want to confirm w/ him. Thanks, Jerry.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I have it at home. I sent him yesterday an email re: the VIP tickets, haven't heard back from him though. True, he said he wanted to come with his 308.

You know, that you have Dave Bendl with his BBi, Frank Wiedmann with his 308 and myself with my 308 as well coming from Chitown. Wanted to bring the Daytona, but it looks as if she ain't gonna be ready in time. Something for next year.

Also if you need some VIP tickets, I'm sitting on a few unsold ones.

25. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Thanks. I'll try to help you sell the tickets.