got his car back from Detailing Dynamics | FerrariChat

got his car back from Detailing Dynamics

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Eddie@DD, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eddie@DD

Eddie@DD Rookie

Jul 18, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I am not trying to open another can of worms with this, and it will probably be my last post on Ferrari Chat.com

This thread is to make sure that facts and feelings are to be known by people involved.

Robi I have been trying to remember the comments/jokes I made the days you were at our shop, but just can’t. If you really got offended by what I said than now that I know it I would like to Apologize to you, and say that I am very sorry that you left our shop feeling that way.
    It did take longer than we were all expecting to re-install the front bumper of the vehicle. But how was it my fault that we had no proper hardware (screws and clips to attach the bottom) one of the nuts from the inside of the trunk that is to align the bumper was gone too. I did my best to get the part installed the proper why, but had no ability to do so, and after making you aware of it, had to agree with you and attach it with zip ties.
    I think you should know that I lost sleep for few days, knowing that if the customer that rented the car from you bottoms out a bit harder might end up with hanging to the ground bumper. And I can assure you that that type of work is NOT what Detailing Dynamics stands for. And the only reason I did it is because it was more important to you to be on time than to be safe.
    Comments about the body shop work on the front bumper of the 360 I DID NOT MAKE. The job was good, and all I said that if you guys decide to use us for installing the paint protection on it, we will not guarantee it, since it is not OEM finish.
    The paint protection film installation that was done by Techik1 was very good and I remember very clearly stating it. I only compared it to ours and pointed few minor differences.
    I have nothing but good things to say about Gus and his company, and would appreciate it if you stop making such statements.
    As far as applying heat to the windshield. We DID NOT DO such thing.
    I explained that since the windshield had a crack on it, while the car was sitting outside during the day (in the shop at night) the glass expends from the sun heat and the crack area is a weak part of it and it’s normal to become bigger.
    When I called the owner of the vehicle I stated the fact that the window is cracked and also offered to have it replaced, because repair was not possible, since it wasn’t just a little chip on the window.
    I have met many people since I became a part of Detailing Dynamics, and have gained nothing but respect out of them, and the reason why is because I say things as they are.
    Truth is always a winner at the end, and I strongly believe in that.
    When I am wrong about something I am not afraid to admit it.
    The only reason I am posting this is not to proof anything, but to make sure that if anyone that has read your post and doesn’t know me ever faces me should not think of me as some kind of an a**hole.

2. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    ill bet $20 bucks that this thread will be locked/deleted in a day.

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I don't think any thread related to this issue should be locked. Reputations are at stake. That's precisely why it should be in the open and not "offline."

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I don't plan on it unless it gets out of control. The prior thread was locked because both parties had had a fair chance to state their perspective of how the situation went down. Both parites also agreed to the lock so as not have the thread constantly resurface due to unnecessarily provocative comments from unrelated parties.

If Eddie wants to start another thread to discuss his experience with Rob, so be it.

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    With completely unrelated comments like these, why shouldn't it be.

6. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    and i will bet you $20 i can find at least one unrelated comments in most of the threads here. u gonna lock all those?

7. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    *WARNING* *WARNING*

W00dear fight alert.

*WARNING* *WARNING*

We've been so close -- had a nice calm past couple of days, normal posts, normal threads, everyone getting along.

No need to end the calm now.

Back to loving/hating DD please....

As me for, I love/hate them!

nlh

8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Chris instigating? What else is new.

9. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Noah, in all seriousness and fairness, why do you always blow the whistle on me?

--- hubert made a post which is defined as "unrelated" by vik.
    --- vik said unrelated post should cause the thread to be locked/deleted.
    --- i know for a fact alot of thread has unrelated posts in them.

so, tell me, why am i a bad guy for pointing that out?
    a person can just say anything here that's false, and no one should be allowed to call it out? that's how things work here now?

10. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    if you can get your facts straight, that, will be something new.
    and btw that will also prevent instigating.

now, can u get your facts straight?

11. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    :D :D :D

12. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Because whether you intend to or not, fairly or unfairly, with or without good reason, your comments usually start the battles here.

13. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    No one ever said w00dear's honesty was gentle.

14. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's very interesting that you see it this way. For someone as sophiscated as you, its very surprising that you refuse to go one more step back to see why i would make the comment.

maybe my comments start a battle, but what's the cause of me making the comment?

in this particular case, if vik did not say what he said, would i have make my comment?

if you truly care about the well being of this board, and vow to make everything better, maybe you should start making sure people do not say something stupid that they might get called out on, that will prevent alot of instigating or battles.

the way you see it: i am the instigator.
    the way i see it: i just don't let BS fly by unchecked.

15. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Now that the thread totally went off track, eddie I appreciate the apology, I have always been a thick skinned person but some of the comments bothered me, as well as the revving of the car. As far as what was said i'll let it be, but I am a fairly observant person and think my hearing was fairly dead on, having personal relationships with both parties that did the work I remember the way things were said. I am satisfied to let these threads go away, i was just posting my experiences with the company, wasn't expecting it to carry this far

16. Eddie@DD

Eddie@DD Rookie

Jul 18, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Oh my g...
    What happened here over night.
    Guys I only wanted to clear things up with Robi, and never thought that a thread that a thread that I started will lead to a small WW3.

People say there cant be Hate without Love.
    So live loving life, and let hate the potholes on Grand Central Pkwy.

Robi I am more than happy that things are straighten between us. I am sorry if the business relation doesnt work, but to me peoples feelings are more important.
    Hope to see you next time we are dinning and drinking with the crew.
    Noah It was nice to see you at dinner on saturday.

17. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    what is emil having for lunch today?

18. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    That's more like it.

19. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    emil, bRad,GeoFF, Jc, Chris and I are airshipping our whips to france and lunching at Columbe d'Or What????

20. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    What did i miss while i was away the last week.

21. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    hahah tru dAt jIm... TrU DaT SOUFFLE 4 Me

22. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    nO dOUbt.
    pLEaSe doNt hATe.

23. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    hahahaha

i sAiD beFoRE, u wAnT sOuFFlE u gOtZ to sTay fOr dInNa! :D

24. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Or perpetrate.

25. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    how? there has been a lot of hatin' going on.