Acer launches new Ferrari 4000 laptop | FerrariChat

Acer launches new Ferrari 4000 laptop

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by NoJo, May 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NoJo

NoJo Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Jerusalem
    Full Name:
    Noah Joseph
    #1 NoJo, May 30, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    At the Monaco Grand Prix two weeks ago, Ferrari's official computer partner Acer launched the new Ferrari 4000 laptop computer.

I'm writing this message from my Ferrari 3200. Personally, I like the styling of mine better, and aside from requisite upgrades that come with building a new computer, I don't think it's a huge step forward.

I'd be interested to see one up close, to compare the fit-and-finish with my own.

Check it out:
    http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news.php?newsId=1261

Thoughts?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    That looks so cool! imma get me one of those!

3. NoJo

NoJo Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Jerusalem
    Full Name:
    Noah Joseph
    #3 NoJo, May 31, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. zwoemba

zwoemba Formula 3

Nov 22, 2003
    The carbon looks very good and cool! But I think none of the Ferrari laptop's are worth the money, or do they?

5. NoJo

NoJo Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Jerusalem
    Full Name:
    Noah Joseph
    I actually found them to be a good value. Doesn't mean they're cheap, but as with a real Ferrari, you get what you pay for, and it's not just the name and the badge.

The one I have came stocked with all the bells and whistles. It's got an 80-gig hard drive, the latest AMD 64-bit processor, 512 MB ram, a DVD burner optical drive that burns pretty much all formats, a big bright display, the multi-card reader, four USB ports, firewire, 802.11a/b/g wireless, bluetooth, top-notch graphics card, internal modem and ethernet...can't think of anything available that it's really missing. It's a complete package at a reasonable price, which comes out as a good value.

6. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
  7. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    anyone know where I could buy one here in Canada, their site locator thing isnt working on my computer.

8. Dr JonboyG

Dr JonboyG Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Gitlin
    My G4 titanium powerbook was made from carbon fibre over 3 years ago, so despite the hype, this isn't the first cf laptop.

9. NoJo

NoJo Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Jerusalem
    Full Name:
    Noah Joseph
    I didn't hear or read anyone claiming this was the first carbon fiber laptop. Also didn't see much "hype" about its release.

10. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    I have the 3000 but this 4005 is really desirable.

11. NoJo

NoJo Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Jerusalem
    Full Name:
    Noah Joseph
    I bought mine in Canada, so I know they are available. I bought it from a friend who sells laptops privately.
    But any computer store that sells Acer should be able to order one in for you.