348 round taillight $1995 conversion kit | FerrariChat

348 round taillight $1995 conversion kit

Discussion in '348/355' started by Raywheels, Jul 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Raywheels

Raywheels Rookie

Jul 11, 2005
    #1 Raywheels, Jul 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    To install the conversion kit you will need to trim your panel. The panel is very thin so you can use shears. (see picture)
    This panel is not part of your main frame. The panel can be replace if you want to make your car original again. (Ferrari part # 62871800). You can also weld the panel back together if you save the pieces you trimmed. We have a custom made wire harness to connect the Ferrari 550 taillights to your stock light connector. This way you will not have to cut your wires. We made this conversion kit so you can bring your car back to original at anytime.

Following the Ferrari tradition. See more pictures at www.GaRedcars.com. The 348 four round taillight conversion kit gives a rear end view which is similar to the Enzo, F50, 550, 456, 360 and 355. Conversion kit includes 4 Ferrari 550 taillights, 4 mounting brackets, 1 paintable carbon fiber panel, and 2 custom made wire harnesses to connect to your stock taillight connectors. This kit is easy to install if you are mechanically inclined. $1995 for conversion kit with 4 Ferrari 550 taillights or $1195 for conversion kit without 550 taillights. Call (478) 929-9454
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Not to be rude,
    but IMHO the stock 348 tail lights have an exotic look,
    while this conversion gives the tail lights a sort of kit car look.

3. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    AGREED. And the wing car probably isn't the best example photo to use. Looks totally tricked out and repulsive.

4. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Raywheels,
    Many people here have expressed interest in your kit, however they have been unhappy with the way the lights mount in the kit. On a 355, the light faces are perpendicular to the ground so they point straight back at the car behind them. On your conversion, they are mounted pointing somewhat skywards, flush with the rear surface of the car. It doesn't look quite right.

Is there a way to modify your system to mount the lights in the more conventional manner?

Birdman

5. Raywheels

Raywheels Rookie

Jul 11, 2005
    The red car is a GT series race car from overseas. It probably can outrun some of the 355s. The Speedline wheels, Michellotto rear wing and other add ons are functional and strictly for racing.

The 348 conversion kit is contour to the 348 body. Your original taillight panel is made the same way, accept your lights are different. If you look closely at your original 348 taillight you will notice they look upward as well. We tried making our kit like the 355 panel, but the 355 panel design does not match the way the 348 rear end is made. This is why it is not call a 355 kit. It is a conversion kit to make it similar to the other Ferraris. The Enzo, 355, 360, and 456 rear ends are not the same but they all have four round taillights.

6. dasadrew

dasadrew Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Drew H.
    Am I seeing things, or do the tail lights on the winged 348 look pretty much perpendicular? They appear to be different to the yellow car which has lights definitely pointing upwards.

7. Raywheels

Raywheels Rookie

Jul 11, 2005
    The red car is custom. The brackets are adjustable. The lights can be adjusted by using shims

8. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells
    Something about the gap difference between this panel, the quaterpanels and the engine deck lid makes the fitment look alittle ackward. :|

9. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt

Yes I would use shims to make the lights not sick up as much. If you can make me one in the black mesh challenge grill material for the same price you've got a buyer.

10. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Definitely, I would shim the lights to look more like the red car's lights.

11. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I too would do it if it were the mesh challenge grill but the solid one looks too "plasticky"

12. Raywheels

Raywheels Rookie

Jul 11, 2005
    The mesh challenge grill will cost alot more

13. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    Are you a sponsor....I believe NaPerformance is a sponser that sells a similar kit.

14. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    The lights point upwards, which is not the way they mount on a 355. This really doesn't flatter the rear of the 348 as much as it could. What's wrong with using 355 components?

15. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    OK, I'm curious. What is a lot more?

16. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    apparently they won't bolt right up to the 348. I would think they would be pretty close though

17. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    It seems like more 348 owners (based on past discussions on FCHAT) would do the mod if it were a challenge grill look.

18. Raywheels

Raywheels Rookie

Jul 11, 2005
    $2000 for the mesh grill panel. Lights and wire harness are extra. We have to have over 100 orders before starting production.

SL Competition and NaPerformance are not the same company.

Next week we will make our taillights to be adjustable up and down. If you purchase a conversion kit from another company make sure the wire harness is available for connecting the 355 round taillights to your stock 348 taillight connector. The 355 taillight connection is different from the 348.

$1195 includes custom made wire harness to connect to the 348 stock taillight connector, mounting brackets, and a paintable carbon fiber panel.
    $800 for a set of 4 Ferrari 550 taillights

$1995 with taillights included or
    $1195 without taillights

Have a nice day

19. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    Your right, NaPerformance is a sponser here and does not try to sell their product here for free. The question is, are YOU planning on being a sponser here?

Its not like a bunch of us haven't looked at your product before as well as discuss it on this board...I myself have looked at your website numerous times...
    but for you to come on this board, start a thread to try to sell your product and require a 100 orders and not become a sponser is kick in the face to companies like NaPerformance that follow the rules...

I think your capacity requires Sponsership.

My 2 cents...sorry to hijack...

20. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

ditto what he said.

21. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    #21 brent Lachelt, Jul 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are some pics for comparison. 1) 355 with factory challenge grill. I think this looks great. Most likely because the rear engine deck lid seems to extend over and up above the grill. 2) Andy from the UK's factory 355 challenge grill on his 348. Looks great, however the lower corners fit and finish of the rear grille looks a little off. Most likely the result of the 348 to 355 rear bumper differences. According to his post this was a custom job that required much patience and work. 3) Chenshan Wu's 348 with custom challege grill. It is made by a guy in Taiwan, who speaks no english and has limited access to people even in Taiwan. I like both 2 and 3. At this point if you want a true ferrari 355 challenge grill for your 348 you probabley could use the mounting brackets and the custom 348 wiring harness for the round lights from Raywheels and then get a 355 challenge grill and modify it like Andy did. Thoughts?

22. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Andy's is the red 348 and Chenshan's is the yellow.

23. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    i made a mold to make the fiberglass skin , but im held up on the brackets for the lights. ive kinda put it off ,too busy,and the speciale lights are growing on me.. but i would like a mesh set up like the challange. really cool . (literally)
    i had accesss to sheet stamped metal like that, but i cant find the catalog..it prob wouldnt be too difficult to have a body metal worker to roll that out.

24. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I guess at least he is Rossa subscribed. I don't know where the 100 orders comes from though, do ya think he had 100 orders on the carbon fibre one before he started production?

25. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    i seriously doubt there will ever be 100 orders for this kit! thin kof how many 348s there are out there , and how many would actually do this.. im thinking, over time a few dozen... hence , my lack of desire to develop my own production. i built a mold for myself ...