Not F-Car, but of equal interest to most of us... | FerrariChat

Not F-Car, but of equal interest to most of us...

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Driversource, Jul 21, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Driversource

Driversource Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    While making the rounds today, I stopped by to see my friends at the RUF Auto Centre. Aside from having an opportunity to pay homage to the Yellow Bird once more, I got to check out some of there new merchandise of the less expensive "accesory" variety.

For anyone with racing equipment needs, they now carry the Sparco line, helmets, shoes, gloves, and other gear. Since the 928 track car wasn't meant to be, I didn't see the need to buy anything from that collection.

What I did leave with, however, is a copy of "Faszination Plus" on DVD. I can't wait for some time alone with the DVD player to watch BOTH discs! Not only do you get the new "Faszination Plus / RUF Story" DVD, but you also get the original "Faszination" on DVD!

Also, Wayne and Hans were giving consideration to joing the party at Carson's. Perhaps we will see them there.

As always, a great bunch of guys to visit, and a good place for some car-induced drooling.

2. Driversource

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Finally got the TV to myself and watched both DVD's. It's a good thing I don't have to get behind the wheel of a car until tomorrow. I'll need time to sleep off the buzz.

3. Driversource

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    I think I'll see how many times I can reply to my own topic before anyone else replies or Rob deletes the whole thing.

What, no RUF lovin' fools out there?

4. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Love the Rufs, but unfamiliar with the vids you speak of. Will look into it. Pics and reviews would be great too.

5. Driversource

Nov 8, 2003
    Houston, TX
    The original video Faszination was produced in 1989, and features the RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" (Based on a narrow-body 1989 911 Carrera) that was the star of a Road & Track top speed shoot-out. The enitre video is footage of two complete laps of the Nordschleife (North Loop) of the Nurburgring. The driver spends much time "two turnin' and two burnin'" sideways around the track. The first lap is almost entirely in car, over the driver's shoulder, the second lap is from various angles, including under the car, aerial, and over the hood. The CTR was brutally fast, and a beast to handle at 10/10ths. I may be mistaken, but one of the in car shots showed the speedo getting very close to the 300kmh mark (almost 190mph!). It is an amazing film, and has never been re-released on DVD in combination with a new Faszination Plus video that chronicles the history of RUF Automobile, and concludes with a lap of the Nordschleife in a new RUF R Turbo. A must see for any automobile enthusiast.

Here's the website for RUF's US arm:
    www.rufautocentre.com