Ferrari / Phil Hill Rare Memorabilia ? | FerrariChat

Ferrari / Phil Hill Rare Memorabilia ?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by billnoon, Jul 19, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    #1 billnoon, Jul 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Last week I came accross a Fuller Bruch Magazines signed by Phil Hill. I bought it 15 years or so ago and Phil was kind enough to sign it at one of our parties.

Its been ages since I took a close look at one of these. The text is written by Denise McCluggage and the photos are simply incredible. A real "snap-shot" in time with detailed pictures and comment on a variety of Ferraris including a 196S/246S Dino, 250TR, TR-58, 212 Export, 340/375MM, 250TDF etc...

One of my favorite shots is Phil in the engine Dyno-Room at the Ferrari Factory with his hands over his ears while a Dino race motor screams at full RPM!

Another has to be my old 340/375MM with Phil and Ginther at the Carrera Panamericana Road Race.

Anyone have an idea on the value of such an item... I am considering offering it at no reserve on ebay... It would be a waste for it to sit in my desk for another 15 years. Hopefully someone with a proper place to display such an item will have an interest in it.

Warm regards,

Bill Noon
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

From what I can see, a limited edition litho with Phil Hill's signature is going for $175 to $350, signed in the past ten years.

That, I think, would make this worth less. However, in this crazy market, who knows.

I had a Mercedes photo signed by Fangio that I couldn't move a couple of years ago at $500. It was 8x10, in it soriginal Mercedes frame, and signed when he was driving the car, early 50's I think.

Ahhh.... who knows, stick it on Ebay and watch it go. I'd bid on it, but I'm a sucker for automotive oddities.

[edit] I'd frame it and hang it on the wall, I think, with my other car stuff. [edit]

Dave M.

3. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I would bid on it. If I had a few hundred dollars laying around gathering dust but I dont. Sorry.

4. GogglesPaisano

GogglesPaisano Karting

Nov 19, 2004
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Matt Borland
    I would bid on it too...

-=Goggles=-

5. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #5 FarmerDave, Jul 20, 2005
    I think it's great that Mr. Hill is able to profit today by autographing limited edition prints, books, etc. That way he gets a piece of the action, even if it "devalues" existing memorabilia bearing his autograph.

There is NO PRICE that can be put on my most cherished piece of Ferrari memorabilia. It's priceless to me because he signed it FOR ME. :) As did another significant player in the history of the marque... ;)

6. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    #6 trashidelek!, Jul 20, 2005
  7. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
  8. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    Two days left...no bids...no reserve...meanwhile the TR Brochure just broke through $4K!

Looks like I might need to donate this one to the FOC or FCA for their next silent auction.

Call or email me if anyone's interested in taking a crack at it.

Cheers,

Bill