Just got a call that my Daytona was broken into | FerrariChat

Just got a call that my Daytona was broken into

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by sixcarbs, Jul 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I keep the car at my Dad's condo complex in Walnut Creek. He just called to tell me that someone had obviously been inside it.

So far just my reg papers thrown about the floor. The glove box was open, and they obviously popped the lock via the vent windows which don't lock.

The only thing of value in the car is the tool kit. No report on that yet. My father's not big on taking directions on how to open the trunk. I will be driving over there in an hour.

I worry about stupid stuff like the original plastic on the door sills.

He did say there were two big finger prints on the window. Do you think that can get me anywhere? The car had just been detailed, parked, and covered.

Makes me beyond mad!!!

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    The finger prints can be useful. Here in Canada, they did dust for the finger prints....but they will never tell you who it is though. I hope there is no damage my freind.

3. edburger

edburger Karting

Jun 23, 2005
    Oakland, Dunsmuir,CA
    Full Name:
    Eric D. Burger
    Thats too bad.I feell for you. I guess my dad was not being paranoid about the 308 in Oakland/Bay area. I can't believe it.. only a lowlife could break into a car so unique its tools may not even be of use( to the thief).
    Sorry to hear, good luck and please post what happened-- I hope not too much damage...

4. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Looks like no damage. I'm going with 12 or 13 year old punk in the complex.

Ashtray fiddled with, glovebox gone through and left open, plasitic on door sills still ok, rear view mirror tilted down as if someone very short was in there, and thankfully tool kit still there.

I am also very lucky that he didn't try to pull out the lighter. The lighter in that car doesn't come out, you put your cigarette in the hole and push down on the ring around the outside. So many of those cars have broken lighters because people tried to pull them out like a regular one.

But that's the last that car saw of Walnut Creek.

Aside from feeling violated, everything is ok.

Of course I'd like to find out who did it and send this crew after him. These guys know how to take care of business. :)

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/fourbrothersqt.html

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    glad it wasnt worse. :(

6. RAMMER

RAMMER Formula 3

Feb 20, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Rammer
    Do you have this car in an open parking lot? If yes, how do you sleep at night?

7. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    so sorry to hear

8. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    maybe you should keep the tool kit with you! They are golden!!

9. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Well, glad to hear that nothing major was hurt, sounds like it was someone getting a kick out of being inside a Ferrari....not really the way to do it however...