348 Original Chrome Wheels??? | FerrariChat

348 Original Chrome Wheels???

Discussion in '348/355' started by sweetspotav, Jul 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sweetspotav

sweetspotav Karting

Nov 21, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    John Cawley
    I bought my '90 348ts with aftermarket wheels on it. I am trying to get the car back to original condition for car shows and I have seen some chrome 348 wheels. Was this a factory option or did some owners take the factory rims and have them chromed. I am trying to keep my car as original as possible. Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    My 1990 348ts had chromed wheels on it when I bought it in 2000. I have never seen anything that would indicate that chrome wheels were a factory option, just something that the owner had done on his own. Personally, I would rather have unchromed wheels, but I don't think it's a big deal, since I don't use it as a show car. Some people like them, some people hate them, some people don't care.

3. Rollers

Rollers Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    S.W. Fla
    We have seen seveeral 348's with the chrome wheels. They were factory. As a matter of fact we just upgraded our 3.2 mondial to a set of the Chrome 348 17" rims.... looks amazing...... only bad part..... getting the 355 bolts...OUCH!

4. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    I'm fairly sure that chrome 348 wheels were all dealer/customer done not factory. My 93SS had chrome wheels and a receipt for the chroming(not factory). I checked the parts book on the 348 and don't see a no. for anything but the standard wheel. Regards, Vern