Hotel recommendations in Lime Rock? | FerrariChat

Hotel recommendations in Lime Rock?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by jet190rs, Jul 12, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jet190rs

jet190rs Karting

Jun 21, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Rich C.
    I'm doing a Skip Barber class next month and need a place to crash, nothing fancy. I've seen the Interlaken and stayed at the Wake Robin before, and frankly, I think they're way overpriced. $130 a night for what you get there is pretty ridiculous.

I would assume that there must be something less than $100 in one of the small towns close to the track?

2. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    Hmmm, I it actually. There is The White Hart Inn in Salisbury, and the wake robin. You could try the Inn At Iron Masters (860) 435-9844 or the Sharon Motor Lodge (860) 364-0036 RR 41.

3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    There was a great BandB called skinny dog farm I think they have a website

4. nycmcse

nycmcse Rookie

Jul 11, 2005
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Lewis Hall
    #4 nycmcse, Jul 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Comfort Inn & Suites
    249 Stockbridge Road (Rt 7) Bldg 1 , Great Barrington, MA, US, 01230
    Phone: (413) 644-3200 Fax: (413) 644-3212

Propaganda:
    Located in the Berkshires, the Comfort Inn and Suites Great Barrington provides unparalleled service to our visiting guests. In staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites, you have the most complete balance of tranquility, comfort, and ease at your disposal.

This brand new hotel which opened its doors in June of 2004 is happy to offer its guests free High-Speed Internet and a heated indoor pool along with all the other amenities you have come to expect from Choice Hotels.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Get yourself a AAA membership and the interlaken inn will give you a buy two get the third night free rate.

6. FasterIsBetter

FasterIsBetter F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2004
    NoNJ/Jupiter FL
    Full Name:
    Steve W.
    Problem is, there are not a lot of places around there, so they have a monopoly. I used to stay at some little cabins up on Rt. 7, which were cheap, but even they have gotten expensive and not worth it. I've tried the Sharon Motor Lodge, which used to be reasonable, but the last time I called there, it had changed hands again and the price was really high. Lately, I've been staying at the Wake Robin, which is overpriced, but at least you get breakfast included. Other than the Interlaken and a couple of local b & b's, the rest of the places are a bit of a drive. But I might have to look into that place in Great Barrington.

7. Lenvo65

Lenvo65 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    Bergen Cty NJ
    Two years ago when I took a Skippy class. It's pretty basic, but close to the track and I seem to remember it being sub $100 a night.

8. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Josh's suggestion of the Sharon Motor Lodge is a great one. Very reasonable and a nice place. I've stayed at Iron Masters and its a very nice place as well. However I remember it being more like $195 a night two years ago.

9. THonda

THonda Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    TH
    i stayed at the interlaken inn it's actually not bad at all for the money. Most of the racers stay there too when i was there last.

10. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Try The Willows Motel in Amenia, NY. 20 minutes to the track. VERY basic, but clean. Must pay in advance. But I believe it's still around $30.00 / night.

Tiny Honda...most real racers stay at the Haulmark Hilton <G>.

Tom

11. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    THE WILLOWS? lol I remember booking a room there ten years ago for a Vintage Festival event. I told them I would be arriving at 10:00pm. They said they would be closed but they would pin my key to the door. I arrived and it was there ! Basic, for sure; I noticed they have window A/C when driving by last week. :)

12. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Window A/C !? Wow! The last time I stayed there the windows still had sticks for propping them open. I wonder if each room still has the B&W TV?

Tom

13. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Is there any other way to see re-runs of "I love lucy" ???

14. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This place is a good bet. Stayed there last year. Also, the restaurants around the area are O.K.

WORD OF WARNING: If you are taking the open wheeled driving class, you will be so tired at the end of the day that a 20 min. drive to the hotel will feel like a 1000 miles.

Also, the Boat House is a good local restaurant near the Interlaken.