How does the early TR side mirror mount? | FerrariChat

How does the early TR side mirror mount?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by GrigioGuy, Jul 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I checked Ferrari UK site, but the parts manuals for the TR aren't up yet.

How does the high-mount mirror affix to the car? Are there special reinforcements in the A pillar?

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    When you open the door...on the forward most window pillar on the inside of the car just above the door panel, you will see a triangular shaped plastic trim piece. This piece is held on by plastic pins. Remove this peice and the the bolts which hold the mirror to the door will be seen. You may have to dig around in the foam to find them. If you want to completely remove the mirror you may have to remove the door panel to disconnect the wiring for the power mirror.

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Thanks

I'm considering adapting this mirror to another car. Am I right in assuming there's reinforcement in the A pillar where the mirror mounts?

4. Jeff Pintler

Jeff Pintler Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2005
    Richland
    Full Name:
    Jeff Pintler
    If you are talking about the early mirror mounted on the A-pillar, then yes there are washers and nuts behind the trim piece. I think you have to remove the rubber door seal, then carefully peel back the leather to expose some small screws that hold the piece against the pillar. Good luck. Jeff