Boston Spotters | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Boston Spotters

Discussion in 'New England' started by mrrou, Apr 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Father and Son Team

Jul 4, 2005
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I saw a brand new black lamborghini murcielago roadster on main street in melrose coming from wakefield. Anyone know whos owns it? Looked great, plus ive never seen a roaster in person before.

2. Father and Son Team

Jul 4, 2005
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    roadster* sorry for the typo i cant type lol

3. Steve355

Steve355 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Austin
    Funny, about to say that I saw the Black Roadster parked outside of the Abe & Louie's Restaurant on Boylston St. in downtown Boston (close to Prudential).

It was actually very stunning and drew an enormous crowd. Car itself was Black on Black w/ Yellow inserts and stitching. It had E-Gear and I assume it rolled straight off a dealer's lot, but I could swear I've already seen pictures of this exact car somewhere.

Parked two cars behind it was a Black 550 Maranello with Modular wheels. And also parked in-front of the new Hotel in Kenmore Sq. was the same Dark Red 612 I saw last week. Lot's of cool cars tonight. Would love to see some of the owners on this board!

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    red 430 heading west on 16 in south natick saturday 07/16 just before 13:00.

anybody here?

doody.

5. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    My Dad told me he saw a red 88 328 at his mechanics garage on wellington ave. in cranston R.I.

6. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    blue 550/575 on the Mass Pike heading towards exit 9 this morning....anybody?

7. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Coming back to Boston in a few weeks again for my medical treatment, any suggestions to where to do some car spotting? Where do most of the rich people live in Boston, Beacon Hill?

8. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    You could try Newbury St.

9. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    just before 13:00.

anybody here?

one letter and three numbers plate - i like those. i used to have one of those plates - they don't charge extra for 'em - but you have to go to the registry and ask for one.

doody.

10. JamieO

JamieO Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Doody,

I have one of the 1 letter 3 number plates on my car. They do cost extra, it's same as having a vanity plate. I guess they're not supposed to just give them out if you ask for them but some of them do. They're considered reserve plates and are usually set aside for people that know people... but, like you, I just asked the lady very nicely if they had any that I could have and she gave me one.

Jamie

Also, since this is a spotters thread... I saw a silver and a black Gallardo on saturday, but they were both at BMW of Peabody (Lamborghini of Boston) so does that count?

11. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Today I spotted Kenny in his TR while we were on the side of the road helping out my uncle with his broken down Porsche

12. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Hey Evan didn't realize it was you. Bummer. I woulda stopped. Figured it was just a couple of appreciative Ferrari fans. Was coming back from the Halifax gathering. Hope the P-car is ok.

13. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    red 550 on atlantic in Boston. gave the thumbs up but the guy didn't acknowledge me at all.....kinda rude if you ask me

14. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Did he see you give him the thumbs up?

15. billh

billh Karting

May 2, 2002
    central mass
    Full Name:
    Bill Henderson
    on the 29th of july, eastbound on mass pike around 6am, I saw a car transporter loaded with newer bmws and mercs. in the middle was a gold/champagne colored 328. looked great.

a few minutes later, I saw an orange murcie going westbound. probably to limerock....

16. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Yup. Definitely did. Then sat next to him at the light.

17. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Two F Cars at a light? Both red? Enzo would turn in his grave if he knew how unappreciative owners have become when they drive his works of art in close proximity to other F Cars.

I can imagine a TR owner being offended if a lowly 308 gt4 or gts tries to wave. An internal hierarchy of sorts

18. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Naw, TR owners are appreciative cool chaps. JStone mentioned it was a 550 owner that blew him off which is fairly typical just ask Doody :D

19. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Was Jstone in a Ferrari during the encounter? I wonder how the 550 owner would react if he is one-upped by an Enzo or even a superior Challenge Stradale( they are more rare, but cost less than a 575?)

20. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    #145 DadsFerrari, Aug 7, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. Father and Son Team

Jul 4, 2005
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This morning at appx 8 am I saw a green ish 328 getting off RT 1 heading up the fellsway with LP# 56F F12 Anyone know who this is ?

22. scuderiaCJB

scuderiaCJB Rookie

Jul 7, 2005
    Full Name:
    CJB

probably this one?

http://www.bostonsportscar.com/1989%20328%20GTB.htm

CJB

23. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
  24. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    I saw a sweet red 328 GTS twice this late afternoon heading in and out of Wellesley toward Needham. Targa was off, and the exhaust did not sound stock at all. Sounded great,