Starting early - predictions for next year? Who'se up and down? | FerrariChat

Starting early - predictions for next year? Who'se up and down?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by SRT Mike, Jul 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Who do you think will be UP and who will be DOWN from last year?

Before we make predictions, here's my outlook on how the teams did this year and last

BAR : They are DOWN this year, they were UP in 04 over 03. So, they went up, people expected big things, and they seemed to kind of fall flat on their face. Having said that, they seem to be improving this year (points it not an indication since they lost their points this year)

TOYOTA: They are UP this year overall, they were slightly UP last year from 03, however during this year they seemed to start strong and have gotten worse as the year progressed.

WILLIAMS: They *were* UP this year after being down last year over 03. They seem to be slipping this year and getting worse and worse with each passing race.

JORDAN: They are DOWN this year and DOWN in 04 from 03, IMO. They seem to keep slipping further and further back, with a horrible car and no money to put into it.

MINARDI: They are UP this year, after being UP (barely) in 04 over 03.

SAUBER: They are DOWN this year after being UP (IMO) in 04 over 03. Of course they will be BMW next year!

RENAULT: They are UP this year after being UP in 04 over 03. Maybe a driver change? Can they keep the momentum?

RED BULL: They are probably pretty stagnant this year although they SEEM to be UP because they're a new team. I think they were DOWN in 04 over 03 and slightly UP this year - slightly.

MCLAREN: UP BIG time this year after being DOWN BIG time in 04 over 03. Will they misstep with the 05 car or keep the momentum going?

FERRARI: The big surprise of the year, down BIG time this year after being DOWN last year over 03 (arguably). Can they turn it around?

My predictions...

BAR : I think they will be UP next year over this year

TOYOTA: I think they will be UP next year over this year

WILLIAMS: I think they will be DOWN. A new engine, a new driver, they already struggle with the car, I think they will be way down, racing mid-pack next year.

JORDAN: I think they will slip further down, and take over the last spots from Minardi, IF, Minardi does some R&D and gets the car a bit quicker.

MINARDI: They have what it takes to be UP next year, but they need to work hard at it.

SAUBER: I think they will be UP next year. I think BMW knows their shiznit and will pour cubic $$ into the car.

RENAULT: I think they will be DOWN next year. For some reason I think FA will be a one-year wonder and they will be losing out next year. I think they got lucky in 05 with car developments but will be leapfrogged next year.

RED BULL: Personally I think they will be DOWN next year. They IMO are slipping this year and I think it will continue.

MCLAREN: I think they will maintain their momentum next year and be UP.

FERRARI: I think next year they will be UP over this year but not to where they are challenging for the title. My .02

I think next year, McLaren will put in a very solid performance (reminiscint of Ferrari in 03). They will lose the occasional race to Ferrari, Renault and BAR but they will do very well overall. I think BAR and Renault will dice it up for 2nd place with BAR winning it. Renault will be able to beat out Ferrari for 3rd, Ferrari 4th, Sauber will be 5th, Toyota 6th, Red Bull 7th, Williams 8th, and if Minardi is good they can score 9th from Jordan.

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Gee Mike ... agree almost completely.

I think Webber's career is over and will be dismal next year ... and never seen again the year after.

BUT there is a minor chance that Williams might surprise. I predict that nobody other than Cosworth will want their engines in that poorly performing team ... but I predict that the Cosworth engine will be one of the best. Why?, not sure but they are due a good un'. Thus Williams might fluke a reasonable car ... but it is unlikely.

I do hope that Renault stick around and keep at it ... if for no other reason than for Alonso. There is a strong likelihood that once they have won the WC (drivers) Renault will pull out, mission completed!

I think Alonso is good, but all the cards are falling his way. We have not seen him under pressure for ages and thus I cannot confirm (from my couch) whether he really is the deal or just that this season is close to perfect for him.

Roll on next year ... unless McLaren/Mercedes get it sorted and take it to Renault.
    Pete

3. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    BAR=
    UP next year over this year.
    They're looking not so bad right now. If the 008 can be a better package, they will be winning races for sure. Button will stay in my opinion.
    It will be Button/Barrichello
    Sato out.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2005330806,00.html

Renault=
    They will keep their momentum.
    The will have the best package in my opinion.
    After FA wins the title I hope Flavio (FA's manager) quits his job at Renault. Will see if Fisico can win battle # 2 against him vs FA.

Ferrari=
    Red Bull will be running on Bridgestones next year. That will help Ferrari.
    If the personnel ...such as Brawn, Todt, Byrne, Martinelli are all there next year..they can make a winning car again.
    RB will be gone but I'm praying that MS is staying.

McLaren=
    They're will be the fastest. Reliability is their problem. Fix that problem and they'll be winning lots of races.
    It will great to see a KR/ JPM battle for the title.

Toyota=
    UP next year over this year.
    At some GP's (this year) Toyota were not fast at all (like Imola). They'll have to improve that.
    I expect Ralf to be faster than Trulli.

Red Bull=
    UP..
    Ferrari V8 ''should'' help them. Red Bull RB2 is going to be a great car. Mark Smith (who worked for Renault in the past) will design the RB2.

BMW=
    They will improve a bit...BMW taking over Sauber..First year is not easy and that's why I don't think they will be 10 times faster than the Sauber C24 we are seing. But they can surprise us.

Williams=
    DOWN
    Agree on what you said SRT_Mike.

Jordan=
    Just a little bit better than this year.
    No Dallara chassis ...Midland will be making their own chassis.
    Don't know what to expect.

Minardi=
    Cosworth V10 engine..
    We'll see how they do.

4. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Well... I'm going to have to agree with both Mike andPete.

Wouldn't it be nice to see a Williams with a Cossie in the back of it again... with AirSaudi livery! :) It's a winning combination.

McLaren will dominate if they get the reliability. But, unlike the years with Ferrari 1-2's we'll get to see an epic fist fight between Kimi and JPM. No team orders with Ron!

Hate to say it but it doesn't look good for my man Sato :( . Regardless of what Imperial's had to say about it his seat at BAR is and has been tied to his talent and his track record. Unfortunately this year he hasn't put it together. I'm sure Pete has had a tough year with Webber and I've had a tough one watching Sato as well.

Truli and Fisi better come through for me next year...

5. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Rank of cars as of the last race:

1) McLaren
    2) Renault
    3) BAR
    4) Ferrari
    5) Toyota
    6) Red Bull
    7) Sauber
    8) Williams
    9) Jordan
    10) Minardi

What I believe the rank of cars next year will be at Melbourne:
    1) McLaren (same)
    2) BAR (up)
    3) Ferrari (up)
    4) Toyota (up)
    5) Renault (down)
    6) Williams (up)
    7) BMW (Sauber) (same)
    8) Red Bull (down)
    9) Jordan (same)
    10) Minardi (same)

6. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    That doesn't make any sense...you basically think all the cars will be "up"...that can't really work because their performances are relative. ;)

7. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Wait a minute..
    I don't think every team will be up.

When I wrote "they will improve a little bit" that is more of a "same" ;)
    Lets do it your way..
    1)McLaren (same)
    2)Renault (same)
    3)Toyota (up)
    4)BAR (up)
    5)Ferrari (down)
    6)Red Bull (up)
    7)BMW(same)
    8)Williams (down)
    9)Jordan (same)
    10)Minardi (down)

8. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    A) You think BAR is the 5th fastest team right now?
    B) You think Toyota is the 4th fastest team right now?
    C) You say Ferrari will be the same (I thought you implied they would be faster actually).
    D) You think Williams is a 6th place team right now?

9. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It has been agonising ... frustrating and add lots of dispair. I still have a little hope but ...
    Hmmm, I think you have more chance of winning Lotto ;) :D ... but good luck.

Pete

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Lets see now.

McLaren up
    Renault Down
    Ferrari same
    Red Bull same
    BAR same
    Toyota same
    Sauber BMW up
    Williams Down
    Jordan same
    Minardi same

JMHO but to be honest it is far to early to tell :D

11. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Ah I give up. I knew I was too tired to do this.

I was looking at the standings (current standings) and not what I think are the fastest teams right now in F1.

Actually..I did it on purpose to see if you guys are following. :D

Sorry ..I screwed up.

12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    This should make sense.

1) McLaren (up on performance and reliability over this year)
    2) Renault (same)
    3) Toyota (up)
    4) BAR (down)
    5) Ferrari (down)
    6) Red Bull (same)
    7) BMW (same)
    8) Williams (same)
    9) MidlandF1 (same)
    10) Minardi (same)

13. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Ok, very cool. Sorry for getting on your case...I was just very confused.

14. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    That's okay.
    Thanks for correcting me.