Roland's BBQ | FerrariChat

Roland's BBQ

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by yookdan, Jul 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yookdan

yookdan Rookie

Jan 14, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Robert Stevens
    #1 yookdan, Jul 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Thanks for the pics, Jimmy will post some tomorrow.
    It was in deed a great day with way over 75 participants.
    The pig was big enough for all.
    I want to thanks all of you who came to share a good meal and a good time.
    Special thanks to Scuderia Rampante for sponsoring the drinks !! This year it was an important part of the pig roast. I never saw so many drinks of all types disapering so fast..
    Helene and I were very happy to share our ranch with the Ferrari club.
    Thank you
    Roland
    F40LM

3. yookdan

yookdan Rookie

Jan 14, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Robert Stevens
    Was TOO cool to have a new 430 there, live an in person -

4. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    #5 Roland E Linder, Jul 24, 2005
    Great pics Jim !! We were lucky with the weather!! No more pig meat left, I think that the 80 + visitors were HUNGRY !!!
    We got 21 Ferraris who made it at the ranch, next year, I'll have the last 300 feet paved...
    We had a nice pre diner while the pig was cooking ( 16 hours)
    Malcolm's Daytona didn't like the elevation change from So .Cal..change of plugs before the arrival of the members..Were is Dave Helms when we need him ??? It's only 6am.

Roland
    F40LM
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Four7EightBHP

Four7EightBHP Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 20, 2005
    USA - Colorado
    Roland - This was a first class event. Thanks to you and Helen for opening your wonderful ranch and home to the Ferrari Club. I look forward to next year's BBQ.

6. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Thanks Steve, you all were perfect guests and we had a real joy to share our home and meet our friends under such great day. Colorado is a great place to live !! To bad that we have the sad accident to spoil our joy !!
    Roland
    F40LM

7. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Roland, thanks for the great weekend, and thanks to the ferrari Club for putting uo with california interlopers.
    In this picture Roland is saying" Lets put the new plugs in the pig cooker, then they will be a hotter plug and will burn the rich mixture". Dave Helms thought this was a good idea and has written the factory for permission.Eddie Karam from whom I bought the car four years ago happened to be at this event-he was no help with the plugs either-I think the warranty is up! nice to see you eddie.
    It was interesting that going to 12000 feet with this car which was set up at sea level totally trashed the plugs. They were so ugly that I would not have believed it if I had not seen them. With the new plugs, driving "down hill" to San Diego, it ran better and better. When I put it in the garage it was perfect, idled clean and crisp. These cars love a good run.
    It was a great event with really nice people and a good time by all. Thanks to Helene who made it work, to Roland for supervising, and to the club members who worked hard to make it happen.
    malcolm

8. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Thanks Malcolm, glad to hear that you made it home. Now, you know how we get our cars to run at high elevation !! Got to have a pig roast to lean the plugs...
    Thanks for bringing the Daytona, she sure looked cool at the ranch. Eddie is back at Algar but I'll tell him about you being piss off for no warranty after 4 years!
    See you in New Orleans
    Roland
    F40LM

9. Bob L. Head

Bob L. Head Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 26, 2005
    Sharing was the keyword at the wonderful BBQ this weekend at The Ranch.

The afternoon's fun was a tribute to both the dozens of Ferrari troops who gathered and especially to the generous spirit of Roland and Helene Linder, who provided the green canvas of their happy nature and home to the good times! Seeing the brushwork of decades of Ferrari art against the rolling green hills of Roland and Helene's fabulous, landscaped homestead was memorable; A true inspiration of seeing man in harmony with nature... and almost as much fun as watching the well-behaved and happy children (of all ages) running around.

And then there was that moment, after lunch, when the host's friend Peter presented him with his very own BOB L. HEAD doll!
    Welcome to the club, BobbleLinder!
    At our table, the speculation was that the Roland Linder Bobblehead doll was designed to perch on the dash of a track car and would come with its very own CD, saying things like "THIS is the line!" and "Come on! You can do it! Tighter! Tighter!"... and "Good! Good! and "You need to check your coolant levels!"

10. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #11 Mike328, Jul 26, 2005
  11. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    #12 Roland E Linder, Jul 26, 2005
  12. Bob L. Head

Bob L. Head Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 26, 2005
    #13 Bob L. Head, Jul 26, 2005
  13. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's awesome!

We need a new thread, "What does your Roland Bobblehead say to you?" During track events, mine will say, "DON'T LIFT! DON'T LIFT!" :)

14. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    I hope that you'll remember that at the October track event at PPIR. For some other, they will hear BRAKE !!! or power, more power, open the radius...
    See you soon'
    Roland
    F40LM

15. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    I think mine would say something like, "When are you going to get that car?"

16. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Yeah, when will this happen ?? Can't wait to see you in a F car as a driver/owner.
    Are you joining us saturday at the open house/bikini car wash at Tri city cycles?
    Roland
    F40LM

17. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    Roland,

were is this wash ??

I would like to join in.. car can always use a wash :)

18. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    The "bikini car wash" will be at the TRI CITY Cycles store just off I 25 across the Budweiser center. Take the airport road and make the first right.
    I'll be there with the LM and the TR.
    Coming from Denver, take the exit like going to the Harley dealer ( West side of Frwy after the Loveland exit), go North along the frontage road till the airport road, make a left than a right.
    My cars are clean but check the pics on my web site to see why I'll go again the "wash"...
    I think that John is coming from Laramie with the 550 and Todd with the 456.
    See you there, everybody is welcome.
    Roland
    F4OLM

19. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    Are any others from Denver area going ? do you want to meet up and drive up ?

20. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    I'm waiting to hear from Mike 328, he might come from Boulder.
    Roland
    F40LM

21. de993

de993 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    The BBQ sounds like a great time. I think next year some of us vegas people might have to caravan up and crash your party :D

22. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey gang, I've been working on research all morning and have a bit more to do--am trying to break away. I've usually got "school" stuff on Wednesdays.

--Mike

23. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado

I keep telling myself that good things come to those who wait. I'm not sure it is working though. You have no idea how bad it is killing me.

Hmmm bikini girls washing cars? I hope this will not be a jailable offence.

24. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Just saw that it was saturday... looks like I'll probably be able to make it.

--Mike